Strawberry Cheesecake Wontons with a cheesecake filling deep fried until they’re golden brown and crispy, then served with a sweet, fresh strawberry sauce.
Reading: how to make wontons dessert
When we go out for Chinese food, I often order cream cheese wontons for an appetizer. They’re generally served with a sweet orange sauce, and I some times wonder why they aren’t served for dessert.
So when I signed up to bring dessert for this month’s Asian Feast virtual progressive dinner, I decided I would serve wontons for dessert. I started with my popular Strawberry Cheesecake recipe and transformed it in to Strawberry Cheesecake Wontons.
I don’t often fry foods at home, but if you want to get a crispy, restaurant-style wonton, you’ve got to fry them.
Read more: how to make thai dessert recipes
The recipe makes thirty wontons, but these are so crispy, sweet and delicious that thirty may not be enough.
Welcome to Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. This month’s theme is Asian Feast and is hosted by Jeanette Chen who blogs at Jeanette’s Healthy Living. Join us and make something unique and delicious!
If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out.
We have a core group of 12 bloggers, but we will always need substitutes and if there is enough interest would consider additional groups. To see our upcoming themes and how you can participate, please check out the schedule at Creative Culinary or contact Barb for more information.
Join us for an Asian Feast hosted by Jeanette’s Healthy Living:
- Chicken Satay from Spice Roots
- Asian Coleslaw from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Egg Drop Soup from Miss In the Kitchen
- Spicy Asian Shrimp Soup from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- My Dad’s Chinese Sticky Honey Spareribs from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Asian Sweet Bread from Creative Culinary
- Sweet and Spicy Pork Egg Rolls from Pastry Chef Online
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Ginger and Sesame from Mother Would Know
- Soda Chanh (Vietnamese Lime Soda) from girlichef
- Strawberry Cheesecake Wontons from Barbara Bakes