The selfmade kombucha brewers are going to like this one! This Blueberry Kombucha recipe is delightfully fruity and straightforward to brew!
I took an sudden journey again to America a couple of weeks in the past. The primary week was spent within the important cardiac unit of a hospital, the second was spent with tears of pleasure, and the third concerned gallons and gallons of kombucha. And now that our household is again on their ft, letting out an enormous sigh of aid, let’s speak about kombucha.
Reading: How to make your own kombucha tea
My mother’s kombucha, to be actual. Dwelling in balmy Alabama, her kombucha SCOBY has shortly grown into a large beast, churning out recent batches each week. For sure, my sluggish churning chilly climate Dutch kombucha is jealous.
Read more: can i make smoothies in a food processor
So I took benefit of her fast brewing ‘bucha and tested out a bunch of flavors while I was there, to include peach, ginger, apple, and honey! Recipes all coming soon, but today we’re going with a easy fruity primary…Blueberry Kombucha!
There are two important fermentation phases when making selfmade kombucha:
- First Fermentation: That is once you remodel candy tea into tart and scrumptious kombucha (see our complete information to selfmade kombucha right here)
- Second Fermentation: That is once you carbonate the kombucha by including sugars (like blueberry!) and bottling it.
With the intention to make this Blueberry Kombucha, you have to to have accomplished the primary fermentation already and have some kombucha that’s able to be carbonated! The video beneath reveals you tips on how to get up to now.
Substances to make Blueberry Kombucha
- Kombucha from a primary fermentation: You’ve brewed your kombucha with the assistance of your SCOBY and it’s the right stability of candy and tart (step-by-step first fermentation directions right here).
- Blueberries: You should use recent or frozen blueberries to make kombucha!
- Non-compulsory additions: Ginger and/or lemon zest work properly with blueberries on this kombucha.
make Blueberry Kombucha
Making your personal flavored kombucha with blueberries is tremendous simple. The method goes one thing like this:
- Prepare dinner the blueberries: Warmth blueberries, water, and sugar in a saucepan till the blueberries burst and start to breakdown. This not solely creates a deeper taste, however makes it simpler for the kombucha to “eat” up the blueberry sugars.
- Combine: Stir collectively kombucha and blueberry combination to mix them properly.
- Bottle: Switch all the things to fermentation bottles.
- Ferment: For 3 to 10 days, till it reaches the carbonation stage you want.
- Get pleasure from: Pressure out blueberry pulp (non-obligatory), then chill within the fridge earlier than serving.
Can you employ frozen berries in kombucha?
You should use frozen berries to make this flavored kombucha! I like utilizing frozen fruit to make kombucha as a result of it’s normally extra reasonably priced, doesn’t depend upon seasonality, and is already prepped for you.
No must defrost the berries for this recipe. Merely throw them into the saucepan and prepare dinner till they breakdown right into a thick liquid.