Boiled peanuts are a Southern delicacy that many people enjoy.
Some people love boiled peanuts and can’t get enough of them, but they can be a hassle to store.
If you’ve ever tried to keep cooked, boiled peanuts in the fridge for more than one day, then you know that they tend to get mushy and tough.
What if there was an easy way to reheat boiled peanuts? There is.
Read on for our quick and simple method for reheating these tasty little legumes at any time.
What is Boiled Peanuts?
Boiled peanuts are a Southern snack that has grown in popularity over the years.
They’re often eaten boiled or fried and found at many farmer’s markets around the country.
The history of this snack is unclear, but it’s likely to have originated from Africa.
Boiled peanuts are a great alternative to other snacks due to their low-calorie count and hearty taste.
Buying boiled peanuts is easy – they’re often sold in bulk at grocery stores or farmer’s markets and come in different flavors like spicy, garlic-ginger, cajun style, and more.
Can You Eat Leftover Boiled Peanuts?
Peanuts are a healthy snack that can be eaten raw or boiled.
Boiled peanuts have more flavor and are higher in protein than raw ones.
Compared to raw peanuts, boiled peanuts are easier to digest.
It is possible to eat leftover boiled peanuts, but they will not be as crisp and may develop a film outside of them when left out for too long.
You must also drain off the excess water before eating them so that you don’t end up with soggy nuts.
How to Store Boiled Peanuts?
Now that you’ve boiled your delicious batch of peanuts, how are you going to store them? Boiled peanuts provide an easy and delicious way to enjoy your favorite nut, but they have high moisture content.
To help avoid spoilage, store them at room temperature for no more than 24 hours before refrigerating or freezing.
We recommend storing boiled peanuts in the fridge for up to a week.
To keep them fresh, store the peanuts in an airtight container.
They will retain their crunchiness if stored this way.
You can also freeze boiled peanuts to keep them for up to six months.
How to Tell if Boiled Peanuts are Bad?
A lot of people like to eat boiled peanuts in the summer.
They’re a great snack and can be eaten by themselves or as a side dish.
But how do you know if boiled peanuts are bad?
- Examine the boiled peanuts in the jar. If they are swollen and have a lot of moisture, they may be bad.
- Take a whiff to see if it has any foul odors or is giving off an unpleasant smell like moldy food when opened.
- Taste them for signs that something might not be right with them, such as bitterness and dirtiness. Boiled peanuts should taste salty but shouldn’t make you cringe or feel ill after eating one bite, which would indicate spoiled ones.
If there’s anything about your boiled peanuts that seems questionable, get rid of those jars because you don’t want to take the risk.
How to Reheat Boiled Peanuts in Steamer?
The perfect snack for a football game, boiled peanuts are an iconic Southern delicacy.
But sometimes you need to reheat them to enjoy them, especially if they’re boiled in the morning, and you want them later at night.
What you’ll need:
- A pot with boiling water.
- Bowls for serving the warm peanuts.
- Steamer basket.
Follow these simple steps to reheat boiled peanuts in a steamer.
- Put the steamer basket on top of your pot with boiling water.
- Fill a bowl halfway with peanuts and place it inside the steamer. Add more as you go if needed.
- Cover the pot, turn heat to medium-high, steam for five minutes, then serve.
In just three easy steps, you’ve successfully reheated boiled peanuts in a steamer.
Your family will love these delicious treats all over again.
How to Reheat Boiled Peanuts in Microwave?
Although microwave is a quick and easy way to reheat boiled peanuts, it can be an uneven process and may not yield the best results.
Here are steps on how to reheat boiled peanuts in the microwave:
- Put the peanuts in a microwaveable bowl with a lid and cover it tightly.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and set it on high for about a minute.
- Remove the lid from the peanut container to see if all of the peanuts are well heated up. If they’re not, put them back in for another 20 seconds at most.
How to Reheat Boiled Peanuts on Stovetop?
A quick Google search will show you many ways to do so, with some being more complicated than others.
One simple way to reheat boiled peanuts is by using a pot with boiling water.
To do this:
- Make sure the water has come to a boil in your cooking pot.
- Place your boiled peanuts into the pot and cover with a lid.
- Let them heat for about 10 minutes on medium-low to low heat.
- Remove from boiling water and drain.
Peanuts are a great snack, and they can be bought raw, dry roasted, or boiled.
Boiled peanuts have the advantage of being easy to prepare, but it’s important not to overcook them.
Above are the best methods for reheating boiled peanuts so that they stay fresh as long as possible.
Which method has worked for you?
Sharing is caring!