Here are the top best How to roast kabocha squash voted by users and edited by familycuisine.net, let’s find out with us
This simple roasted kabocha squash recipe is a scrumptious fall aspect dish! Sesame seeds, scallions, and a nutty sesame ginger dressing prime the candy squash.
Reading: How to roast kabocha squash
Easy methods to Roast Kabocha Squash
If you happen to’re not a fan of chopping and peeling winter squash, I don’t blame you. It’s not my favourite factor to do both! I do have excellent news, although: there’s no must peel kabocha squash, because the pores and skin is completely edible. In case your squash is especially nubbly, it’s possible you’ll wish to trim away any brown, dry spots, however be at liberty to go away on the orange or inexperienced pores and skin.
I even have a trick to make the squash simpler to chop. As an alternative of making an attempt to slice it uncooked, I pop the entire, unpeeled squash within the oven for 10 minutes. This pre-bake makes it a lot simpler (and safer!) to slice.
After you pre-bake the squash, use a pointy knife to slice it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
Then, minimize the seeded halves into 1 1/2-inch wedges.
Unfold them in a fair layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and toss with beneficiant drizzles of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Switch to a 425°F oven and roast the squash till it’s tender and golden brown, flipping midway. That’s it!
Kabocha Squash Recipe Ideas
- Save the seeds! Like pumpkin seeds, kabocha squash seeds are completely edible. When roasted, they’re a scrumptious, protein-rich appetizer or snack. After you take away the seeds from the squash, pull off any orange, stringy flesh, rinse and dry the seeds, and toss them with a little bit of olive oil and sea salt. Roast at 300°F for 35-45 minutes, stirring midway, till golden brown and crisp. Yum!
- Don’t skimp on the oil. When roasted, completely different kabocha squash can differ in texture. Some are super-soft and creamy, kind of like a baked candy potato, whereas others are a bit extra dry and chalky. To forestall these squash from changing into too dry within the oven, be certain that to coat them generously with oil. I exploit about 2 tablespoons for one medium kabocha squash.
Roasted Kabocha Squash Serving Solutions
My favourite method to eat roasted kabocha squash is with sprinkles of sesame seeds, sliced scallions, and sesame ginger dressing. If I occur to have some readily available, I additionally add microgreens for a colourful final touch. Collectively, they create a easy aspect dish with a scrumptious mixture of candy, nutty, and savory flavors. Serve it with a bowl of miso soup and steamed rice, crispy sesame tofu, or no matter protein you want.
Not within the temper for sesame ginger? This roasted kabocha squash can be implausible with one among these sauces as an alternative:
- Gochujang Sauce
- Chipotle Honey French dressing
- Simple Peanut Sauce
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
Get pleasure from!
Extra Favourite Winter Squash Recipes
If you happen to love this roasted kabocha squash, strive making one among these winter squash recipes subsequent:
- Roasted Delicata Squash with Apples and Sage
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash
- Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Simple Coconut Curry
- Vegetarian Black Bean Enchiladas
Read more: Easy Recipe for Slow Cooker Brisket