Sauteing frozen vegetables has never been simpler! In less than 15 minutes, you can whip up a delicious and nutritious meal that will satisfy your taste buds. Say goodbye to boring frozen veggies and hello to a burst of flavor with this quick and easy recipe. And the best part? You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now!
Variety is Key for Stir-Frying
The beauty of this recipe lies in its versatility. You can customize the veggies to suit your family’s preferences. With a mix of sturdier vegetables, you’ll ensure that they retain their delightful crisp texture even after cooking. For four people, you’ll need a total of two pounds of frozen vegetables.
Top Picks for Stir-Frying
- Broccoli florets
- Cauliflower florets
- Sliced or chopped carrots
- Green beans
- Sweet corn and/or baby corn
Personally, I opted for an “Asian Medley” mix, which includes snap peas, baby corn, and carrots. To enhance the variety, I also added sliced carrots, edamame, and broccoli florets that were packaged separately. This delightful mixture of colorful vegetables creates a visually appealing and healthy dish, just like my Quick Asparagus Stir-Fry.
Tips for Perfectly Sauteed Veggies
- No need to thaw the frozen vegetables beforehand. Simply toss them directly into your hot wok or large skillet.
- Opt for a wok if possible, as it provides ample space for quick and crisp cooking. A 12-inch diameter skillet will work as well.
- Preheat your pan on high heat until it just starts to smoke. Then, add your oil and start frying.
- Keep stirring the frozen veggies frequently to ensure even thawing and cooking.
For an extra nutritional boost and a pop of color, consider adding fresh greens like spinach or kale after removing the pan from heat. These greens will gently wilt from the residual heat, adding vibrancy and nutrients to your plate.
If you’re a meat lover, feel free to incorporate your favorite protein. Cook half a pound of ground meat (such as turkey, pork, or beef), or try sliced raw chicken or shrimp before cooking the onions in step 1. The choice is yours!
Discover More 30-Minute Recipes
Looking to add more quick and delicious recipes to your repertoire? Give these mouthwatering dishes a try:
- Sriracha Chicken and Broccoli
- Ramen Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Thai Coconut Red Lentil Soup
Remember, sauteing frozen vegetables is an easy and budget-friendly way to create a nutritious meal that the whole family will love. So why wait? Grab your favorite frozen vegetables and start cooking!