- The best way to make a Tea Cozy
- Provides and instruments
- The best way to Sew a Teapot Cozy
- DIY TEAPOT COZY VIDEO TUTORIAL
- TEA COZY INSTRUCTIONS:
- STEP 1: Put together the tea cozy sample
- Various: Make your individual teapot cozy sample
- STEP 2: Lower cloth and batting
- STEP 3: (Elective) Make a dangling loop
- STEP 4: Quilt the outer items
- STEP 5: Begin stitching the tea cozy
- STEP 6: Pin across the tea cozy
- STEP 7: Sew
- STEP 8: Flip round and sew the hole
- STEP 9: Topstitch
- DIY TEA COSY OPTIONS:
Consuming tea is certainly one of my favourite rituals, particularly if I really feel like I must loosen up and do away with built-up stress.
As luck would have it, I’m the one particular person in my family who loves consuming tea, so every time I ready some, I couldn’t handle to drink all of it earlier than it cooled down. Then I needed to warmth it again up as a result of I don’t like chilly tea, it was an actual hassle.
Reading: How to sew a tea cozy free pattern
However I don’t have that downside anymore. How? Due to this neat tea cozy sample!
With this cute DIY tea cozy in your teapot, your tea will keep good and heat for much longer and also you’ll be capable to take pleasure in scorching tea with out having to reheat it!
Right here’s the right way to make a tea cozy for your self, whatever the measurement of your teapot.
Beneath you will see that my step-by-step DIY tea cosy written tutorial with VIDEO directions for all of the visible learners.
We sometimes hyperlink to items provided by distributors to assist the reader discover related merchandise. A number of the hyperlinks could also be affiliate which means we earn a small fee if an merchandise is bought.
The best way to make a Tea Cozy
Provides and instruments
- cloth – 2 items of 100% tightly woven cotton (one essential, one lining)
- matching thread
- batting / insulation
- scissors (or rotary cutter and a chopping mat)
- ruler or measuring tape
- iron and ironing board
- stitching clips or pins
- stitching machine
- strolling foot (optionally available)
DOWNLOAD: tea cozy sample (Free PDF file) *sample shall be added quickly*
Comply with us free of charge patterns & tutorials!
The best way to Sew a Teapot Cozy
Watch the diy tea cozy video first after which comply with the written step-by-step directions under. Please take pleasure in and don’t overlook to Like and SUBSCRIBE over on YouTube to be stored updated with new movies as they arrive out.
DIY TEAPOT COZY VIDEO TUTORIAL
TEA COZY INSTRUCTIONS:
STEP 1: Put together the tea cozy sample
Earlier than you are able to do any stitching, you’ll want a teapot cosy template first.
If the dimensions of your teapot is just like mine, you possibly can simply obtain my free tea cozy sample and print it out in full measurement (no scaling). Lower out the surplus paper and your sample shall be prepared to be used.
Various: Make your individual teapot cozy sample
When you don’t personal a printer or your teapot isn’t in normal dimensions, I’ll present you how one can make your individual tea cozy sample. You can also make the sample for it fairly simply.
Take your measuring tape and measure the width and the peak of your teapot.
- Measure the width across the widest level of your teapot. Mine is 20″
- Measure the peak from base to base excessive. Mine is 14″
Now you’ll do some math to each of these numbers. Divide each by two, and add two inches to that quantity.
- Sample width = teapot width / 2 + 2″ = 20/2 +2 = 12″
- Sample peak = teapot peak / 2 + 2 = 14/2+2 = 9″
Read more: Thinking Outside the Box
Take one massive piece of paper or be a part of two papers with tape. Fold in half.
On the primary sheet of paper mark the complete peak (9″) alongside the lengthy aspect of the paper, and half the width (6″) alongside the quick aspect of the paper. Draw a curve from one level to the opposite
Mark about three-quarters of an inch from the precise nook. Then draw curve from this level to the middle. The sample is prepared for motion after that! Lower across the tea cozy sample by way of each sheets of paper. Separate each sheets of paper and tape them collectively.
STEP 2: Lower cloth and batting
Utilizing the tea cozy sample as a information and reduce out two items out of every cloth. The principle, the batting, and the liner cloth. You’ll find yourself with 6 an identical items.
STEP 3: (Elective) Make a dangling loop
Lower a strip of cloth 4 inches lengthy (10cm) and about 1 1/2 inches broad (3.5cm). Fold it in half lengthwise and finger press to create a crease. Unfold it and fold every lengthy aspect vertically to the crease alongside the center and fingerpress.
Fold the strip in half lengthwise alongside the unique fold as soon as once more and do a last press. Sew the lengthy open edge and your hanging loop strip shall be prepared.
STEP 4: Quilt the outer items
Place the batting on prime of the primary cloth piece. Pin or round.
Quilt on prime to hitch each items. I selected to do easy straight traces following the sample of my cloth.
STEP 5: Begin stitching the tea cozy
Put the liner cloth on prime of the quilted outer set with their proper sides going through inward. Sew alongside the underside edge and reinforce it with some backstitching.
Repeat the method with the opposite outer cloth piece and lining piece.
STEP 6: Pin across the tea cozy
Fold the primary cloth in half vertically to seek out its heart.
Take your loop hanger or a bit of four-inch ribbon and fold it in half. Place the uncooked fringe of the ribbon onto the middle of the highest fringe of the outer cloth piece. Pin it in place.
Read more: How far apart to plant hybrid tea roses
Open up each items of sandwiched materials in order that the liner is on one aspect and the primary cloth is on the opposite aspect. Stack the materials collectively in order that the primary materials are on one another and the liner cloth items are on one another. Pin in place.
STEP 7: Sew
Sew throughout the materials, however go away a 3-inch opening unstitched on the liner for turning the entire thing inside-out.
STEP 8: Flip round and sew the hole
Flip the comfy inside-out by way of the hole you left open. Tuck the seam allowance in and press your entire factor together with your iron.
Sew the opening shut. You possibly can both use a stitching machine and go as near the sting as doable as you sew, or you need to use a needle and a thread and stitch the opening with a ladder sew.
STEP 9: Topstitch
Push the liner into the tea cozy and press the opening seam in order that the liner isn’t seen.
Topstitch across the prime edge, a few quarter-inch away from the sting.
Your new teapot cozy is now able to preserve your tea scorching for longer!
DIY TEA COSY OPTIONS:
If you wish to, you can also make some changes to the comfy and make it extra in keeping with your style.
- USE CONTRASTING COLORS: For instance, you need to use contrasting lining and essential cloth to present the comfy that particular look. You possibly can mess around with this and pull the liner down half an inch earlier than you topstich the tea cozy, so the liner is seen on the surface and serves as a trim.
- ADD APPLIQUE: It’s also possible to reduce out a bit of colourful cloth within the form of your favourite flower or animal and sew it onto the outside of the comfy.
- LEAVE BOTTOM FLAT: When you’re having bother with making or stitching alongside the underside curve, you possibly can change the sample a bit to maintain that. Simply make the sting straight as an alternative of curved. The comfy received’t match as snuggly as it will if the underside was curved, however it would do the job simply high-quality and it sews up a bit sooner, so don’t fear about it.
I hope you preferred this tea cozy tutorial of ours! Go forward and make just a few of them so that you’ve one for every of your teapots. Then be at liberty to come back again and inform us how they turned out within the remark part under! It’s also possible to make just a few to your tea-loving mates and shock them with considerate presents! Now go and luxuriate in a scorching cup of your favourite tea!
Do you want this? Pin for later:
Wanna be mates? Click on HERE and comply with me on Pinterest
Read more: How to make a tea party dress
- Reusable tea baggage
- Microwave bowl cozy template
- Fabric tortilla hotter sample
- The best way to make scorching pads
- DIY cloth coasters