This Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-Fry is so flavorful and easy to make. Tasty and healthy, this dish is ready in less than 10 minutes!
This Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-fry is the perfect vegan meal when you want to make something quick and delicious. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and cook the ingredients, and it’s packed with salty, umami flavor. This stir-fry recipe is also easy to tweak to your own personal preferences.
Mushrooms and broccoli are great vegetables to eat because they are both healthy and filling. Mushrooms in particular have a meaty flavor when cooked, and broccoli helps you feel fuller longer. So, for a healthy meal that’s easy to make, this Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-fry is the perfect choice.
Broccoli and mushrooms. You can add your favorite vegetables to this dish in addition to these two. Sweet peppers, carrots, onion, or cabbage are all great options.
Seasoning. Soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar add the bulk of the complex flavors in this stir-fry dish.
Garlic + Ginger. Great flavor enhancers, especially with vegetables.
Oil. Just a touch of neutral-tasting oil to prevent sticking.
Water. This helps to soften the veggies.
How to Make Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-Fry
1. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar until the sugar completely dissolves.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Then, add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the broccoli, mushrooms, and water. Stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes, or until the veggies start to brown and reach the desired doneness.
4. At this point, add the soy sauce mixture and cook for another minute. Sprinkle the Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-fry with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Cut the veggies uniformly. To help cook the vegetables at the same rate, make sure to cut the broccoli and mushrooms into same-sized pieces.
- Prep the soy sauce mixture first. Make the soy seasoning before you start frying, because once you start cooking the veggies, you’ll need to pay attention to them as they fry.
- Add cashews. Cashews make a wonderful addition to this dish. They add a nice crunch and flavor. If you decide to add them to your stir-fry, add the cashews in Step 3 at the same time as the soy sauce mixture.
FAQs About This Broccoli Mushroom Stir-Fry
Can I use other veggies? Absolutely. You can add your favorite veggies to the mix. Brussels sprouts, carrots, onions, cabbage, asparagus, bell peppers, snow peas, or zucchini. Just keep in mind that you should reduce the quantity of broccoli and mushrooms if you are adding other veggies, so all the recipe proportions stay the same.
How long does it last? It is best to eat this stir-fry right away, but if not, it could last in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Read more: Southern Fried Chicken | Family Cuisine
Is this stir-fry healthy? Stir-frying is a fast way to cook small vegetables and it results in tender-crisp vegetables that retain more nutrients than if they were boiled. And since this stir-fry requires only a small amount of oil, the fat content is low. It is also vegan and perfect for people on a low-fat or plant-based diet.
Can I add meat to this dish? Yes, you can add small pieces of chicken, beef, or shrimp to this recipe. Just add it 2-3 minutes before the veggies.
How to Serve
You can serve this Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-fry a few different ways, including:
- On its own (this is a great low-carb option)
- Over a bed of rice or quinoa
- As the vegetable side dish for your main meal
- Over wheat or rice noodles
This Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-fry is such an easy dish to make and you can feel good eating it. With so many healthy benefits, not to mention the delicious flavors from the veggies and sauce, you’ll want to add it to your regular meal rotation.
This is also a great recipe to use when you want to eat more vegetables, but aren’t sure how. Kids will enjoy the vegetables in this dish a lot more than if they are just boiled. Give this stir-fry a try and see how much your family enjoys it.
You’ll love these recipes, also:
- Easy Broccoli Pasta
- Broccoli Fritters
- Baked Okra
- Cauliflower Steaks
- Mushroom Bourguignon
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Cooktoria on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram for all the latest updates!
Read more: how to make red curry stir fry with bok choy