The best ever chicken green bean stir fry is absolutely mouth-watering. It’s beyond delicious. Juicy pieces of crispy chicken and green bean is covered in a sweet chili sauce. Read reviews from tons of Pinterest users that made it HERE. If you want to learn how to make this sweet chili chicken keep reading. Hopefully, it will become your family’s favorite. If you like this recipe then I know you’ll love my super quick & easy Teriyaki Crispy Baked Chicken Legs.
If you love this crispy chicken stir fry recipe, check out my or my Peruvian fried rice!
Have you ever noticed how soft the bell peppers are in your Chinese takeout? Well, that’s how I love my peppers and that’s how I cooked them in this chicken and green bean stir fry. My picky kid loves this chicken and green bean recipe and he’s not even a veggie eater. It’s probably the flavor of the sweet chili and crispy chicken that makes it kid friendly.
How this recipe came about? Well, I had some chicken and green beans that I needed to use. And I wanted to use sweet chili sauce in a different way, other than as a dipping sauce.
I prefer to use fresh green beans to make this but in a pinch, I like to use a bag of steam frozen green beans. And they work just fine. The pic below is with fresh green beans and the other pics are of the steamed frozen ones.
I didn’t see a lot of stir fry recipes made this way, so with a little bit of brainstorming I came up with an easy and inexpensive way to use chicken and green beans. Just serve it over your favorite rice and you have yourself an amazing meal.
What You Need to Make This Chicken Green Bean Stir Fry
If you are looking forward to making this, the ingredients that you are going to need include the following:
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into cubes)
- Bell pepper
- Fresh green beans (trimmed, washed, and cut into 2-inch pieces or you can use a bag of steamed or canned green beans – see note)
- Garlic cloves (minced)
- Ginger (optional)
- Vegetable oil or olive oil
- Garlic powder (to add more taste)
- Crushed red pepper (add more if you want it very spicy)
- Sesame oil
- Good quality Thai Chili sauce (can be homemade)
Once you get all these ingredients, you can get started making this dish. If you like things spicy, you can include some Thai chili peppers for some extra heat.
Chicken Green Bean Stir Fry – What’s to Love?
- Kid friendly
- Full of flavor
- Crispy chicken hello???
- Inexpensive. A seriously good chicken and green bean stir fry that can feed 3-4 people for under 20 bucks.
- Quick and easy to prepare
- Dinner in under 30 minutes
How to Make It
Read more: Asian Garlic Noodles | Family Cuisine
In a large bowl add the diced chicken and a tablespoon of oil. Add the garlic and ½ tsp salt and pepper and rub it into the chicken. Add cornstarch. Mix until all pieces of chicken is coated in the cornstarch.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil until glistening. Working in small batches, add the chicken. Do not overcrowd the pan. You’ll have to turn so often so the chicken can cook evenly. If the pan seems dry, add more oil as needed. Once the chicken is done put it to the side and cook the second batch until crispy or until your desired texture.
Add the bell peppers and saute until soft or your desired tenderness. Once you get the desired texture add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the chicken, green beans, sweet chili sauce, sesame oil, ginger and crushed red peppers to the skillet. Stir until combined and the chicken and green beans are coated in the chili sauce. Serve immediately.
Now that you know how to make Crispy chicken stir fry, you can plan to make it this week.
Cook Tips to Make This Recipe Successfully
Do you want to make sure this chicken and green bean stir fry recipe is made successfully? No, problem. There are some tips that can help you out. These tips include the following:
- Use either fresh, frozen, a bag of steamed green beans or canned green beans to make this.
- Use you favorite store brand sweet chili sauce or use my Thai Sweet Chili Recipe
- If you are using fresh green beans, they will take longer to cook down if they aren’t sautéed first. Check out how to properly cook the green beans here.
- Use room temperature chicken. Clean (this is debatable but it’s up to you) and pat the chicken down with paper towels. Please don’t cook the chicken until you pat it dry.
- I suggest you use chicken thighs to make this because their packed with juicy flavor and they don’t dry out at high temperatures.
- To achieve crispy chicken, make sure you turn the chicken as it cooks every so often, until the chicken is golden brown.
- If using canned green beans, add them a few minutes before the stir fry is done (cook until warmed through)
- For frozen green beans, let them thaw first and gently pat down with paper towels before you add them to the stir fry. Cook the green beans until heated through.
- A bag of steamed frozen green beans should either be microwaved inside its bag or let it thaw inside the bag. Remove them from the bag and gently pat dry with paper towel. Add the green beans after you add the sweet chili sauce and cook the beans until heated through.
- I like to cook the bell peppers until it’s they’re soft but feel free to cook until your desired tenderness.
What to Serve with Chicken and Green Beans
If you are going to make Chicken Green Bean Stir fry, some of the options to serve with it are the following:
- Egg rolls
- Cucumber and Carrot Salad
- Spring rolls
Try out some different options and see what your family enjoys best. If you make this Chicken Green Bean Stir fry let me know in the comments. Don’t forget to subscribe!
You may also like:
Teriyaki Baked Chicken Legs
Panda Express Beef Sweet Chili Stir Fry
Asian Cucumber Salad
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Sweet Chili Chicken Stir Fry
Bulgogi Chicken (An easy chicken marinade)
Preview in new tab