One Pan Sausage and Vegetable Skillet. A super easy and healthy meal ready in under 30 minutes!
One Pan Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
I love one pan meals because they are super easy to make and the clean up couldn’t be easier! This easy one skillet meal is loaded with potatoes, bell peppers, zucchini and sausage. The veggies and sausage are cooked over high heat in the skillet so they turn out crispy and caramelized on the outside They are perfectly seasoned with salt, pepper and Italian seasonings. This a super easy and healthy meal that comes together in under 30 minutes! It’s also a great recipe to meal prep!
- Ghee or unsalted butter
- Baby potatoes
- Protein: Andouille sausage (You can also substitute your favorite chicken sausage!)
- Vegetables: Zucchini, red, yellow and green bell peppers.
- Seasonings: Garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and pepper.
How to make this One Pan Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
Start by heating ghee or butter over medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook until golden brown and tender, about 7-10 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the skillet and set aside. Add the sausage to the same pan and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside with the potatoes. Add in the zucchini and bell peppers. Sauté until tender 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the potatoes and sausage back into the pan along with the Italian seasoning and onion powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately. I love to serve mine with fresh grated parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes for a little kick!
Can I use frozen vegetables?
I prefer to use fresh vegetables in this recipe. Frozen veggies can sometimes turn out mushy and watery in this dish.
How to reheat leftovers?
Leftovers are best served reheated in a skillet with a little extra virgin olive oil or butter. This will help crisp back up the potatoes and veggies. They can get soggy if they are reheated in the microwave.
- Protein: Chicken sausage, boneless chicken thighs, shrimp, cubed steak would all be great in this! You can even omit the sausage and serve with my Honey Garlic Salmon for an easy dinner!
- Vegetables: Cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, yellow squash and carrots would all be good substitutions. I like to use whatever vegetables are in season or that I already have in the refrigerator.
- Vegetarian: To make this recipe vegetarian simply omit the sausage. For a protein boost serve the hash with a fried egg on top!
- Potatoes: Substitute sweet potatoes or omit potatoes all together for a low carb keto friendly meal!
- Spices: For a kick add a sprinkle of cayenne or paprika. Cajun seasoning would go great with this!
Here are more Easy One Skillet recipes to try!
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes
- One Pan Italian Chicken Skillet
- Easy One Pan Mexican Pasta
- Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- One Pan Meatball Stroganoff
Originally published Jan 24, 2018
Read more: how to deep fry green beans | Family Cuisine