This Instant Pot Asian Pork recipe cooks up in just minutes, and is the perfect healthy dinner! Use the juicy meat in lettuce wraps, sliders, or a salad!
Most people have incredibly busy weeknights, but making healthy weeknight meals does not have to be difficult! Utilizing an Instant Pot is a great way to cut down on dinner prep time, and save yourself trouble and time! This Instant Pot Asian Pork is super flavorful, healthy, and cooks in barely any time. Double the recipe to have meals throughout the week! I use the instant pot for healthy meals all the time; Checkout these super popular and healthy Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Reading: Chinese pork stew instant pot
Don’t have an Instant Pot? You need to buy one now!! They are life changing because they save so much time and effort!!! I recommend the 6 quart Instant Pot if you have 2-4 people in your family, but if you have more than 4 people, I’d recommend the 8 quart Instant Pot. You can make typical slow cooker recipes in a fraction of the time and so many staples in no time! I love it.
How to Make Instant Pot Asian Pork:
**Continue scrolling down for full ingredient list and directions**
- Cut the pork into chunks and add it to the instant pot. Add in the liquid and seasoning, then add the mushrooms! Stir everything around a little, then put the top on the pot.
- Seal the pot and then set the timer for 20 minutes on manual/high.
- You should remember when using the Instant Pot, that the time it takes to cook the recipe (20 mins), is not the total time of the recipe. You need to give the pot some time to ‘come to pressure’, and the more water in the pot, the longer this will take. Don’t worry, just let it do it’s thing!
- Once the timer is up, let the pot naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then flip the valve to release the rest.
- Turn the pot to ‘saute’ mode. Remove the pork and shred it; set aside. Once the liquid is boiling in the pot, add the cornstarch slurry and mix to combine. Boil for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Add the pork back to the pot and stir well to coat.
How to serve Asian Pork:
- Lettuce wraps are a great low carb option for serving this shredded Asian pork.
- Slider buns give a great comfort feel to this savory pork dish.
- Make a large salad and top with the shredded pork.
- Use low carb tortilla wraps to make asian pork wraps! Add a slaw mixture for an added crunch!
- Make Asian Pork Rice bowls! Use your instant pot to make the perfect white or brown rice, then top with this delicious Asian pork and sauce! YUM!
Is this Instant Pot Asian Pork healthy?
YES! This Asian pork is a really healthy meal option! If you are looking for a low calorie (240 calories), low carb (15g), but high protein meal, this is it! Not only is it healthy though, it’s delicious and very filling with 31 grams of protein!
- Instant Pot Asian Pork has 240 calories, 6 grams fat, 15g carbohydrates, 31 grams of protein. This nutritional information is for the meat and sauce only. Whatever you decide to serve the asian pork with (lettuce wraps, tortillas, rice, salad etc), will have additional information.
- The recipe is 6 smart point per serving (makes 6 servings), not including what you serve the meat with (lettuce wraps, rice, etc).
Can I make Asian Pork in the Slow Cooker?
Read more: The top 19 beef stew crock pot easy
YES! Find the full directions for the slow cooker method HERE.
Do you like using your instant pot as much as I do? Check out these other delicious healthy recipes!
- Instant Pot Bang Bang Chicken comes together in minutes and is so delicious! The classic spicy sauce is perfect on shredded chicken which can be used in rice bowls, salads, wraps, or however you want!
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce wraps are the perfect healthy chicken recipe! Make the spicy chicken in just minutes, then load up fresh lettuce wraps with your favorite toppings!
- Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious healthy meal that cooks in just 10 minutes! Simple to make, family friendly, and so tasty!
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf: In five minutes you can have a whole bunch of hardboiled eggs which are perfect for egg salad! No peeling or ice bath for this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf!
- Instant Pot Thai Lettuce Wraps (pork or chicken) can be made with pork or chicken in the instant pot or slow cooker! Juicy pork or chicken covered in an easy Thai peanut sauce makes the perfect healthy easy dinner!
- Instant Pot Roasted Red Pepper Soup: Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons is the perfect comfort food without any guilt! Make it in the Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or on the stove top!
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is ready to eat in just minutes and is super flavorful! No need to peel the husk; corn on the cob can be cooked directly in the husk and then removed without a mess!
- Instant Pot Garlic Hummus has only a handful of ingredients! Save money and know exactly what’s in your food with this recipe!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Read more: Show me recipes for beef stew
For more information please see the list of Chinese pork stew instant pot