Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff creates the most tender, full-flavored stroganoff I’ve ever had! Made hands-off in the instant pot, this creamy dish is going to be your favorite way to cook it!
Stroganoff is an easy delicious meal the whole family can get behind. If you do not have an instant pot, try these other tried and true favorite stroganoff recipes instead, One Pot Ground Beef, Slow Cooker Chicken Mushroom, and One-Pot Steak Stroganoff!
Making beef stroganoff in the instant pot has changed everything! This family favorite, comfort food has been elevated by making it in the instant pot. No more babysitting the pan on the stove all day to get the most tender juicy beef ever. The instant pot infuses the flavors into the beef creating a robust and savory taste that is scrumptious. The mushrooms and onions add that little bit of something extra. And the sour cream gives it a smooth creamy texture with a bit of tang that is classic with stroganoff.
Making it all in one pot saves on clean up, which is always a plus. Also using an instant pot keeps the heat from heating up your whole kitchen. Pressure cooking beef allows the tough fibers to break down even faster and more thoroughly, guaranteeing melt in the mouth beef. A perfect compliment to the noodles and broth. My family loves stroganoff and I love how easy the instant pot makes it! This is a must try!
What You Need For Instant Pot Stroganoff
Basic ingredients come together in an infusion of flavor in the instant pot.
- Olive oil: For browning and sauteing the meat and vegetables.
- Stew meat: Cut in one-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper: Add to taste
- Small white onion: chopped, can use yellow too.
- Mushrooms: White button or cremini sliced
- Garlic: Fresh cloves minced
- Flour: All-purpose is all you need.
- Beef broth: Adds flavor and creates the sauce.
- Worchestershire sauce: Classic umami flavor that is so good.
- Wide egg noodles: Other noodles will work too.
- Sour cream: Full fat or low fat, but not no fat.
- Parsley for garnish: Optional but it adds color.
Making Stroganoff in the Instant Pot
This could not be easier, and the instant pot takes the work out of it.
- Sauté Meat: Set the instant pot to sauté. Add the olive oil. Working in batches add the stew meat and brown on all sides. Remove from the instant pot and set aside on a plate.
- VegetablesAdd in the onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Sauté until they are almost tender.
- Combine: Add the stew meat back to the instant pot and add the flour. Cook until the four are brown and the mixture is coated.
- Cook: Add in the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and set the instant pot in the sealed position. Turn on high pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
- Release: Manually release the pressure. And carefully remove the lid. Add in the egg noodles and stir. Cover and seal the instant pot and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Sour Cream: Manually release the pressure. Stir in sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Please see more list about Instant pot beef stroganoff with stew meat