I don’t know about you guys, but I absolutely loooooove making dinner in the Instant Pot for so many reasons. One of the biggest reasons is that Instant Pot dinners usually mean less clean-up and faster cook times.
This Beef Tips Instant Pot recipe doesn’t disappoint in either of those categories. It’s a savory, quick recipe that doesn’t involve too many other bowls, pans, pots, and plates. Which means more time with your family and less time at the sink. #winwin
Instant Pot Beef Tips and Gravy is the epitome of comfort food. It’s so belly warming and filling. The whole family will be full and have a 5 star restaurant high quality meal without breaking the bank.
Why You’ll Love This
- Inexpensive way to feed the family
- Great way to make use of the Instant Pot
- Quick dinner on the table
- Uses general pantry staple ingredients
- Leftovers freeze well – future dinners already figured out
What Are Beef Tips?
Beef Tips can also be called Stew Meat in some stores. Beef Tips are actually various kinds of meat. You can use tenderloin, chuck roast, and even sirloin. The awesome thing about the Pressure Cooker is that it will tenderize any meat to perfection in just about 30 minutes.
Stew meat at the grocery is usually chuck roast, you can cut it into whatever size chunks you prefer. It’s usually a more budget-friendlyoption too.
- Olive oil – I prefer to use extra virgin olive oil, but you could use avocado oil or whatever you have on hand.
- Onion- I prefer to use a white or yellow onion, but use whatever you’ve got in the cupboard.
- Stew meat- some groceries call this stew meat or beef tips. Talk to your grocery butcher if you need help finding it.
- Beef stock- can be traded out for other stocks you have on hand, but this could change the overall dish flavor.
- Italian seasoning- you can make your own if you don’t have any on hand or you can buy the packets.
- Worcestershire sauce- hard to say but so good. Don’t skip it.
- Mushrooms – try various kinds of mushrooms, baby Bella or crimini mushrooms work well in this recipe.
- Cornstarch and water- to make gravy.
Soooo, gather up these ingredients and I will show you….
How To Make Beef Tips And Gravy
Get the complete ingredients list and instructions in recipe card below.
- Set the Instant Pot on the sauté setting. Heat the olive oil and add the onion, cook until translucent, around 4 minutes. Add the stew meat and sear on all sides.
- Pour stock, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and mushrooms. Close the lid, turn the valve to sealing, and set it on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- When done, perform a QPR to manually release the pressure. Remove the lid and set to sauté again.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the water to make a slurry. Add to the Instant Pot and stir until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes for a super tasty meal. You can make the potatoes at the same time by using a steam rack to cook the potatoes on while the meat cooks, then remove, mash, and add milk and optional seasonings.
- This dish is great served over mashed cauliflower, cauliflower rice, rice, or with biscuits too.
- For a real twist, add a can of mushroom soup to the insert before cooking.
- Cook time listed does not include the time it takes for Instant Pot to come up to pressure or for the pressure to release.
- This is the perfect freezer meal and is great for meal prep, so add it to your weekly meal plans and save some time each week.
- Swap the stock- swap out your beef stock for red wine, or feel free to use chicken or vegetable stock instead.
- Add soy sauce- Either add a tablespoon of soy sauce with the Worcestershire or instead of it.
- Add in veggies- Beef dishes like this are always good places to add veggies like carrots and celery. They cook up nicely and it’s a great way to get more vegetables in your family.
- Vary the meat- Try other meat like venison instead or a different cut of beef.
- Store– Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Freeze – Follow the handy tips below on how to freeze this. Let stew cool down then transfer into these convenient Ziploc freezer bags. Squeeze out all the extra air and seal the bags. Label the bags and then lay them flat in the freezer. Store in the freezer for up to 3-6 months.
- Defrost – Thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Instant Pot Quinoa.
- Scalloped Potatoes.
- Bourbon Glazed Carrots.
- Instant Pot Lamb Shoulder.
- Best Ever Instant Pot Pot Roast.
- Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes.
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 6 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
Tools You Need
Thank you for reading my Instant Pot Beef Tips and Gravy recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue to slice, dice and dream up affordable Air Fryer recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Southern Recipes and more. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, food blog.
Get The Pressure Cooker Beef Tips Recipe:
Through this article, we hope to help you understand Instant pot stew meat and gravy