Instant Pot Italian Beef is tasty to eat alone or pile on a hearty hoagie bun and make an Italian beef sandwich. If you have a beef roast and looking for an Instant Pot roast recipe, you need to try this recipe.
Skip the bun and use sweetener in replace of sugar for a keto-friendly recipe.
Tender roast that is seasoned and loaded with rich flavor. Chuck roast, spices, and pepperoncini peppers come together for one insane dinner recipe. Try my Enchilada Pasta recipe as well for another Instant Pot recipe.
Instant Pot Italian Beef
I love pot roast, but let’s be honest, it can get boring. Instead of your Sunday roast, whip up this Italian Beef with a homemade Italian beef seasoning to help the dish stand out from other recipes.
What Type of Meat Do You Use For Italian Beef
I used a beef roast for my Italian Beef. Chuck roast is a nice affordable cut of meat. You can also buy other beef roasts that your store carries. Look for a roast that has a nice marbling to it.
Read more: Dutch Oven Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy
Make sure the white marbling is white and not yellow-colored, and the meat is red and looks fresh.
Italian Beef Seasoning
It takes minutes to make your own Italian beef seasoning and you will find it lowers the sodium level compared to packets you can buy.
Garlic salt, onion powder, Italian seasoning and more comes together with the perfect seasoning blend for your roast.
How To Make An Italian Beef Sandwich
If you want to transform this Italian beef Instant Pot recipe into a sandwich cook the meat accordingly. Then load it up on a hoagie bun and feel free to top with provolone cheese.
Then toss in the oven under broil for a minute or two to melt down the cheese.
What Can I Use To Substitute Beef Broth In Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe
If you don’t have beef broth or want to use something different you can reach for beef bone broth or vegetable broth. Or if you are a fan of bouillon cubes you can use beef.
Read more: Best Instant Pot Roast Beef Recipe
Chicken flavored broth will change the flavor a bit, so I recommend vegetable or beef to get a better flavor.
Why Do You Saute Roast In Pressure Cooker Before Cooking
You want to saute the roast and get a crust on the outside of your roast. I have found this step helps lock in tons of flavor and will really add a nice texture to your roast. Just saute on the Instant Pot and use olive oil to help it brown up.
Make sure to scrape the bottom of your pot to ensure nothing is stuck, so you don’t get a burn notice.
How Long Does Instant Pot Italian Beef Take To Cook In The Pressure Cooker
- You will want to saute your roast on all sides making sure to brown the meat.
- This is going to lock in tons of flavor to your roast and give it a nice texture. Then you will cook for 60 minutes.
- Followed by a natural release which will help to tenderize your roast.
- It takes a bit for pressure cooking but it will be an incredible dinner for you and your family.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Queso
- 30 Instant Pot Meal Ideas
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites with Mushrooms in Instant Pot Duo
- Instant Pot Peaches and Cream Dump Cake
What Size Instant Pot Did I Use
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot. Now if you have an 8 quart I would suggest increasing your liquid by two cups to ensure it cooks properly.
How To Store Leftover Instant Pot Beef
You can store your leftover beef in the fridge for up to three days. If you want to store it longer, freeze your leftover beef.
Just place in an airtight container or bag and store in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge the night before you plan to reheat it.
Low Carb Italian Beef
This is a lower carb Italian Beef if you skip the sandwich. Serve with some cauliflower rice or eat alone for a hearty and protein-packed dinner or lunch option. I don’t always eat it with bread, because it is flavorful enough as is, you don’t need extra ingredients.
Read more: Easy Air Fryer Roasted Cashews Recipe
Instant Pot Italian Beef Freezer Meal
- Add your pot roast in a sealable bag.
- Add in your pepperoncini peppers, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, onion powder, salt and pepper in bag.
- Place in freezer for up to three months.
How To Cook Frozen Italian Beef Roast in Pressure Cooker
- Place the roast and contents in the Instant Pot.
- Pour in 3 cups of beef broth. Seal the instant pot lid, and do 60 minutes.
- Allow your pressure cooker to fully naturally release this will take around 30 minutes.
- When done open lid and shred the meat.
- Use the sauce for dipping if you would like.
Please see more list about Instant pot italian beef with frozen roast