Do you want a delicious Pot Roast with Gravy recipe for your electric pressure cooker? Our Instant Pot Roast with Gravy reduces the cooking time of our Crock Pot Roast with Gravy from 8 hours to 60 minutes!
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
We just love a good roast recipe and we love having the option to make it in our slow cooker -if we have all day- or electric pressure cooker if we are short on time.
We have several recipes just like that:
- Perfect Pot Roast: Crock Pot Recipe or Instant Pot Recipe
- Mississippi Pot Roast: Crock Pot Recipe or Instant Pot Recipe
- Dilly Roast: Crock Pot Recipe or Instant Pot Recipe
And now our Instant Pot Roast with Gravy that converts our Crock Pot Roast with Gravy into an electric pressure cooker recipe as well!
Instant Pot Roast with Gravy Recipe
Note: Scroll down to the bottom of this post for a printable version of the full recipe.
How to Make Roast with Gravy in an Instant Pot?
So how easy is it to make roast with gravy in your electric pressure cooker? You start out by placing your roast in a 6 quart Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker and add your water. Then you sprinkle gravy mix and spread soups on top. See how easy that is?! Next put the lid on with and set it to seal. Cook on manual (with keep warm feature turned off- just hit the manual button twice) under high pressure for 60 minutes (Larger roasts take longer-If your roast isn’t tender, it isn’t done.). After cooking, natural release for 15 minutes and then switch to quick release if desired.
Notes on Instant Pot Roast with Gravy
- We have made this recipe using a 6 quart Instant Pot, 6 quart Crock Pot Express Pressure Cooker and the 6 quart Farberware Pressure Cooker.Any 6 quart electric pressure cooker will work, you may just need to use one of the preset features to get your unit set to high pressure for 60 minutes.
- We prefer to use chuck roasts with a nice white marble for our roast recipes. Roasts get more tender the longer you cook them. If it isn’t tender, it isn’t done. Keep on cookin’.
- I doubled the soup/water in this recipe to make a lot of extra gravy. You can use one can of soup and 1/2 cup of water if you would like less gravy.
- My family enjoys this recipe as a low carb recipe. Some low carb diets don’t allow the cream soups, but we don’t mind them from time to time.
- If you want to add some veggies (carrots, onions, potatoes, etc.) feel free to toss them in!
- If you don’t like canned soups, you may want to choose a different recipe OR use our homemade cream soups as a substitute.
- Cooking time is in addition to the time it takes for the unit to reach pressure. Times may vary to reach pressure.
- If you would like to use a 5 lb roast, increase cooking time to 90 minutes.
- If you are using an 8-quart Instant Pot, you may need to use a half cup more liquid to make sure your Instant Pot will come up to pressure.
- You can find more electric pressure cooker recipes with our Recipe Finder.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- Finally, all electric pressure cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own electric pressure cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Printable Recipe for Instant Pot Roast with Gravy
For more information please see the list of Ninja foodi roast beef with gravy