For a low carb snack or dinner try these Keto Chicken Fajita Taquitos! Crispy cheese shells are packed with chicken and vegetables and come to just 1.3 net carbs per serving!
I have always loved fajitas! There is something so satisfying about grilled chicken or steak alongside tender vegetables in a zesty lime sauce! These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are one of my favorite quick and easy dinners. In about 30 minutes, with very little prep work, you can have a savory dinner!
These Keto Chicken Fajita Taquitos are the perfect way to get your fajita fix without blowing a low carb diet. For this recipe we use slices of Colby-Jack cheese to create a crispy taquito shell packed with fajita fixings! This is the perfect way to use up leftover chicken or vegetables you have in the fridge!
Ingredients Needed for Keto Chicken Fajita Taquitos
- Cheese Slices: Colby Jack Cheese
- Chicken: Any variety of cooked chicken including rotisserie or leftover grilled or baked chicken
- Bell Pepper: Sautéed or grilled peppers
- Onion: Sautéed or grilled onions
- Hot Sauce
- Lime Juice
- Spices: cumin, salt and pepper
How do I make Keto Chicken Fajita Taquitos?
- Combine the chicken, bell pepper, onion, hot sauce, lime juice and spices in a small bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Place the cheese slices on the silicone baking sheet, bake 5-7 minutes.
- When the edges have browned and the cheese is bubbly (watch the video if you need some guidance) remove from the oven. Allow them to cool about 1 minute, just so they cool enough you can handle, but still very pliable.
- Place the fajita mixture on the edge of one slice and tightly roll them up, seam side down.
Do I have to use Colby Jack cheese slices?
You can use any variety of cheese if you wish. For these fajita taquitos Pepper Jack slices are a great option if you prefer things a bit spicier. One thing to note is that the grease content of each cheese is different. Mozzarella slices seem to be the least greasy, while cheddar and Swiss are quite greasy when cooked.
How many net carbs are in Keto Chicken Fajita Taquitos?
For this recipe 3 taquitos is considered one serving. Each serving has just 1.3 net carbs. Of course the carb count can vary based on the brand of cheese you use. When you pick up your groceries take a quick look and choose the lowest carb option available.
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are searching for low carb, keto-friendly recipes you’ve come to the right place! This Keto Chili is one of my favorite dinner recipes. It has no beans, but you won’t miss them I promise!
Another favorite is this One Pan Tuscan Chicken. This recipe is packed with seasoned chicken and tender asparagus in a cream sauce. It has less than 3 net carbs per serving and is ready in under 30 minutes. Some others include:
- One Pan Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos
- Keto Lemon Cheesecake Bars
For more information please see the list of Keto leftover roast chicken recipes