- Are blueberries keto friendly?
- Is Greek yogurt keto friendly
- The best Greek yogurts for making keto smoothies
- How many carbs are in this blueberry keto smoothie
- Keto blueberry yogurt smoothie tips
- Low carb keto blueberry smoothie ingredients
- How to make keto blueberry smoothies with Greek yogurt
- Other flavor combinations for keto blueberry smoothie
- Storing and freezing this keto blueberry smoothie recipe
- More Low Carb Keto Smoothies
Last Updated on June 1, 2021 by Toya
See how to make this keto blueberry smoothie in just 5 minutes! This creamy blueberry smoothie is addicting and makes the perfect easy keto breakfast smoothie for low carb diets!
The preparation of most smoothies involves the use of a base and subsequently the addition of flavors. When the euphoria for smoothies began, and they became entrenched in people’s tastes, as a healthy drink, most of these shakes were made with yogurt. Yogurt-based smoothies are delicious and creamy. However, if you choose you can also use coconut or almond milk as a base.
Are blueberries keto friendly?
Blueberries are among one of the few fruits that you can have on the keto diet. They’re full of antioxidants and high in nutrients. In every 100 gram serving of blueberries, there are 9.24g net carbs. This may seem high for a keto diet and thus, blueberries should be eaten in moderation.
Is Greek yogurt keto friendly
Plain Greek yogurt is a great low carb, high protein option for keto diet.
There are between 2 – 7 grams of carbs in every cup of plain Greek yogurt depending on the brand you use. Therefore, while Greek yogurt contains carbs, it is okay keto have on the keto diet. Again, like the blueberries, this needs to be used in moderation.
The best Greek yogurts for making keto smoothies
In this recipe, we’re using Greek yogurt as the base. These do contain some carbs and should be picked with caution. Here are some low carb Greek yogurt brands that you can use to make this low carb smoothie.
How many carbs are in this blueberry keto smoothie
The carbs depends on the ingredients you use in your smoothie, However, if you follow this smoothie recipe exactly, there are 5.4g net carbs in each smoothie.
Keto blueberry yogurt smoothie tips
- No protein powder was added to this recipe, however, if you want to feel full for longer, consider adding 1 scoop of keto protein powder to this blueberry smoothie. This protein powder will also make the smoothie more creamy.
- In place of the coconut oil, you can also swap for 1 teaspoon of mct oil. This oil will give you a good boost of energy.
Low carb keto blueberry smoothie ingredients
These are the ingredients you need to make this blue berry smoothie:
- 1 ½ cup frozen Greek yogurt, unsweetened
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 envelope erythritol or sweetener of choice, to taste
- Ice (optional *)
How to make keto blueberry smoothies with Greek yogurt
Gather all your blueberry smoothie ingredients
Note: The night before preparing the smoothie, you can place the Greek yogurt in the icebox of your freezer to turn the yogurt into cubes.
Remove the yogurt cubes from the freezer and place them in the blender glass. Add blueberries, coconut oil, keto friendly chia seeds, vanilla, sweetener, and water.
Blend this for a few minutes till the mixture looks like this.
Sprinkle with a few chia seeds and enjoy.
Other flavor combinations for keto blueberry smoothie
Besides the recipe above, there are many other ways that you can enjoy your blueberry smoothies. Here are some other deliocus flavor combinations you can try out:
- Keto blueberry smoothie with avocado – for this blueberry smoothie, you’ll need 1 whole avocado, 1 cup of blueberries, a low carb sweetener and 1 cup of almond milk.
- Keto blueberry with heavy cream – for this low carb blueberry smoothie you’ll need 1/2 a cup of heavy whipping cream, 12 blueberries, 1.5 oz softened cream cheese and 1 scoop of keto collagen.
Storing and freezing this keto blueberry smoothie recipe
If you want to meal prep your smoothies or you have some leftovers, then you can store this blueberry smoothie in two ways. To store in the fridge, place in an air tight contain or mason jar and seal well. Then place int he fridge for 1-2 days. This smoothie will have some seperation of the ingredients, simply stir when you’re ready to have it.
You can also freeze. Again, place in an air tight container or mason jar, seal well and place in the freezer for up to 2 months.
More Low Carb Keto Smoothies
- Low Carb Keto Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- Low Carb Keto Strawberry Smoothie