Keto Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole Recipe With Spinach and Feta – Easy Low Carb Breakfast Ideas – Perfect make ahead breakfast to prepare, leave overnight and have a simple breakfast ready to go in the morning.
Keto Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Breakfast Casseroles are my latest obsession – I keep experimenting with different Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole varieties. This is my favourite so far – a classic combination of spinach and feta.
You can prepare this breakfast quickly in the morning and have a freshly prepared breakfast casserole in the oven.
Or, you could prepare everything the night before, leave it in the fridge overnight and have a speedy breakfast ready to go in the morning.
Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole Variations
There are of course plenty of variations when it comes to this easy Keto breakfast idea.
Here are some low carb vegetables that you can mix and match to create a Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole of your dreams:
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Beans
How To Make A Breakfast Casserole
The actual method is really simple – saute the vegetables in butter or coconut oil until softened. Then, move them to a casserole dish.
For the eggs, whisk together as many as you want with cream. I went for 6 eggs and 1/3 cup of cream for breakfast for my Husband and I. You may want to double that if you’re feeding more than 2.
It’s then simply a matter of putting it all together. You can mix through and top your casserole with your choice of cheese. Mozzarella or Parmesan would be great. In this instance though, I went for feta.
If you’re following a strict vegetarian diet, just make sure to check that the cheese you are using is vegetarian friendly and does not contain animal rennet.
At this point you could allow the dish to cool and then pop it into the fridge overnight to enjoy the following morning.
Otherwise, into the oven it goes and in no time you’ll be enjoying your Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole.
Keto Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole with Spinach & Feta
- 1/4 Onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and diced
- Couple of Handfuls of Spinach
- 6 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Cream
- Chopped Feta
- Salt, Pepper and Seasoning to taste
- Butter or Coconut Oil, for frying
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and grease a casserole dish. (If you’re preparing the dish to make the following day, then preheat the oven when you’re ready to make it.)
- In a large frying pan, melt butter or coconut oil.
- When hot, fry the onion and garlic until softened and starting to golden.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Move to the casserole dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream.
- Pour the whisked eggs over the vegetables, add salt, pepper and seasoning of choice and stir to combine.
- Top with chopped feta. You can cook the Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole now or allow it to cool, place into the fridge overnight and cook the following morning.
- Place into the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
The spinach and feta work together so well in this simple breakfast dish. I look forward to continuing my Breakfast Casserole experimentation and share more easy keto breakfast ideas with you soon.
Here’s the video where you can watch the easy low carb breakfast being prepared, step by step. Hit play below or click here to watch on YouTube.
For even more Keto Breakfast Inspiration check out Breakfast in 5 – you’ll get 30 low carb breakfasts, all with up to 5 net carbs, 5 ingredients and 5 easy steps. Click here to learn more!
More Easy Keto Breakfast Ideas:
7 Keto Breakfasts Without Eggs
Keto Breakfast Ideas For Beginners
Keto Waffles With Coconut Flour
Subscribe to receive the FREE weekly newsletter, packed full of easy recipes and food inspiration plus exclusive, subscriber only content. Click here to Subscribe by Email.
Disclaimer – this post is meant for informational post only and should not be construed as medical advice. Please consult with your health professional before making any dietary changes.
Disclosure – this post contains affiliate links.