This delectable Lipton onion soup meatloaf recipe is a fantastic way to add a burst of flavor to your traditional meatloaf. With the addition of a packet of Lipton onion soup mix, this family favorite becomes incredibly delicious. It’s the perfect comfort food for dinner, especially when paired with smooth mashed potatoes. This “Souperior” meatloaf will leave you craving for more!
Unveiling the Secret Ingredient
This bacon-wrapped Lipton meatloaf surpasses the original recipe in taste. The combination of bacon and a delightful ketchup glaze makes it truly mouthwatering and special. Unlike traditional meatloaf recipes that call for finely diced onions, this recipe simplifies the process by incorporating the rich flavors of Lipton onion soup mix. One less step, and easier is always better!
- Ground Beef: For the best meatloaf, opt for 80/20 ground beef. The higher fat content gives the meatloaf a moist and tender texture.
- Eggs: Eggs act as a binding ingredient, holding the meatloaf together.
- Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs serve as a binder and filler, absorbing the juices and fat to prevent drying out. Panko or crushed Ritz crackers can be used as alternatives.
- Milk: Adding milk hydrates the breadcrumbs, boosting the moisture content to prevent dryness.
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix: This versatile mix adds all the necessary spices and seasonings without the hassle of searching through your spice rack.
- Ketchup: The classic base for a meatloaf glaze, ketchup offers a perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess that complements the beef.
- Light Brown Sugar: Light brown sugar adds sweetness to the glaze and helps it caramelize beautifully.
- Bacon: Bacon adds an irresistible flavor and crunchy texture to the outer layer of the meatloaf.
How To Make Meatloaf with Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ketchup and light brown sugar to create a delicious glaze.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add breadcrumbs, milk, Lipton Onion Soup Mix, and ketchup.
- Stir the mixture until everything is fully combined, then add the ground beef.
- Mix the ground beef and the wet mixture together using your hands, ensuring the egg is fully combined without over-mixing.
- Transfer the meatloaf mixture to a prepared baking sheet, molding it into a loaf shape and pressing it tightly together.
- Lay bacon strips lengthwise along the top of the loaf, tucking in the ends to prevent curling while cooking. Spoon the glaze evenly across the top and sides of the meatloaf.
- Bake the meatloaf in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 160F at the thickest point. Once cooked, broil to let the glaze bubble and caramelize. Allow the meatloaf to rest before slicing and serving.
Tips for a Moist Meatloaf
To achieve the best moist meatloaf, it’s crucial to use ground beef with a higher fat percentage. Lean ground beef tends to result in dry meatloaf. The addition of milk in the recipe helps hydrate the breadcrumbs, binding the meatloaf together and preventing it from becoming crumbly. For those who prefer not to use milk, beef stock can be a suitable substitute.
Delightful Side Dishes
Pair your meatloaf with the perfect side dish! While mashed potatoes are a classic choice, consider adding a twist with Colcannon (mashed potatoes with kale and green onions). Microwave baked potatoes, buttered frozen peas, or Italian green beans make excellent alternatives.
Leftover slices of this meatloaf can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Avoid freezing the leftovers. If you’re looking for a quick way to enjoy the remaining meatloaf, a meatloaf sandwich is a delicious option.
Give this incredibly delicious, easy meatloaf recipe a try for your next family dinner. Each bite is packed with flavor, ensuring a satisfying and memorable meal. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments or on Instagram! Tag @KeyToMyLime and use #KeyToMyLime.
Pin this recipe for later!
More Dinner Ideas
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to explore our collection of dinner ideas! Some reader favorites include Baked Mac and Cheese with Velveeta, Beef Tips and Gravy, and Chicken Meatloaf.
Try this incredibly delicious meatloaf recipe and savor the flavors that will leave your taste buds wanting more!