- What are Breakfast Smoothies?
- Are Breakfast Smoothies Good for Weight Loss?
- 7 Tips for Making HEALTHY Breakfast Smoothies
- 5 Healthy Breakfast Smoothies for Weight Loss
- 5 Breakfast Smoothies for Kids
- 5 Make Ahead Smoothies
- 5 Breakfast Smoothies for Energy
- 5 Coffee Breakfast Smoothies
- 5 Green Breakfast Smoothies
- 5 Chocolate Breakfast Smoothies
- 5 Filling Breakfast Smoothies
Smoothies are my favourite go-to breakfasts these days. They’re delicious, nutritious and the perfect way to start your morning. Breakfast smoothies offer a great substitute to heavy breakfasts, especially when you’re trying to lose weight. They’re full of nutrients from fruits and veggies, and with the addition of fiber and protein, it doesn’t get much healthier than that! If you make them right, breakfast smoothies will keep you full until lunch, ensuring you don’t need a mid-morning snack. Here are 40 make ahead breakfast smoothies for weight loss!
What are Breakfast Smoothies?
Breakfast smoothies are a quick and easy way to get in a healthy first meal of the day. They’re packed with nutritious, energizing ingredients that help keep you full until lunch. A well-balanced breakfast smoothie has a good dose of veggies, fruits, fiber, protein, and healthy fats that will keep you satisfied.
Are Breakfast Smoothies Good for Weight Loss?
There are plenty of benefits of breakfast smoothies, and one is indeed, weight loss! Healthy breakfast smoothies are full of antioxidants, vitamins, protein and fiber that will make you feel full. Refrain from breakfast smoothies that only have fruits and vegetables as these won’t keep you satisfied for long. Add protein and fiber in the form of ingredients like nut butters, spinach or chia seeds to ensure you feel full for longer.
Smoothies help detox your body and fill it with healthy, energizing foods. Since they keep you full for longer, they’ll keep you from snacking on bad-for-you foods between breakfast and lunch.
7 Tips for Making HEALTHY Breakfast Smoothies
1. Don’t use fruit juice Stay away from using fruit juices for your smoothie base. They’re packed with sugar and will lead to weight gain. There are plenty of healthier substitutes such as soy/almond milk, coconut water or just good, plain water!
2. Use Natural Sources of Protein Using protein powders in your smoothies is okay from time to time, but what’s better is filling your smoothie with natural sources of protein. Ingredients like almond butter, chia seeds and spinach will help keep you energized throughout the day!
3. Add Cinnamon for Sweetness If you feel like your smoothies are too bland, instead of adding sugar, add a pinch of cinnamon for sweetness. Cinnamon is a healthy extra that is loaded with antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties!
4. Increase the Veggies It can be tough for many people to get the recommended daily amount of vegetables, but when you put them into a smoothie, it’s much easier! Unlike some juicers that eliminate the fiber that comes from vegetables, blending veggies in a blender ensures you’re getting the fiber, which will help you stay full for longer.
5. Add Healthy Fats to Make Your Smoothies Creamy If you love your smoothies creamy, add healthy fats to get your desired consistency. Avocados, nut butters, chia seeds and flax seeds are a great addition and also have a healthy dose of fiber, protein and vitamins. Other ways to get a creamier texture is ingredients like bananas, pulverized oats and silken tofu. These ingredients will also keep you feeling full!
6. Go Easy on the Fruit Fruit is nutritious, but it does contain a lot of sugar, so make sure not to go overboard. Smoothies can tend to get very fruit-heavy, but adding more veggies and protein is ideal over fruit. If you are adding fruit, make sure not to add sugary extras like honey or maple syrup.
7. Don’t Add Too Many “Boosters” Smoothie additions like chia seeds and nut butters are great, but make sure not to add too many. One teaspoon of peanut butter has around 100 calories – the same goes for two to three tablespoons of chia seeds. The calories can add up quickly if you’re not careful!
5 Healthy Breakfast Smoothies for Weight Loss
1. Blueberry Protein Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothie | Nutrition Twins 2. Sunrise Smoothie | Iowa Girl Eats 3. Berry Oat Breakfast Smoothie | Creme de la Crumb 4. Metabolism Booster Smoothie | Sunkissed Kitchen 5. Fat Burning Green Smoothie | North South Blonde
5 Breakfast Smoothies for Kids
1. Banana Berry Smoothie | Kidgredients 2. PBJ Smoothie | Sneaky-Veg 3. Coconut & Berry Smoothie | My Fussy Eater 4. Healthy Carrot Cake Smoothie | Baking-Ginger 5. Pear and Ginger Smoothie | Recipe Runner
5 Make Ahead Smoothies
1. Berry and Chia Seed Make Ahead Smoothies | Baked Bree 2. Mixed Fruit and Banana Freezer Smoothie Packs | Dessert Now Dinner Later 3. Make Ahead Smoothie Packs | How Sweet Eats 4. Smoothie with Almond Milk Make-Ahead Freezer Recipes | Momma Fit Lyndsey 5. Make-Ahead Collagen Protein Smoothie Packs | Cotter Crunch
5 Breakfast Smoothies for Energy
1. Almond Butter Chia Smoothie | The Roasted Root 2. Mulberry Lavender and Kale Smoothie | The Daily Meal 3. Blueberry Almond Butter Smoothie | Love and Olive Oil 4. Energy Boosting Banana Almond Smoothie | Food Your Friend 5. Energy Boosting Oatmeal Berry Breakfast Smoothie | North South Blonde
5 Coffee Breakfast Smoothies
1. Coffee Banana Protein Smoothie | Cookin’ Canuck 2. Healthy Coffee Smoothie | A Sweet Pea Chef 3. Blueberry Coffee Breakfast Smoothie | Happy Foods Tube 4. Vanilla Coconut Cashew Latte Smoothie | Running on Real Food 5. Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie | Live Eat Learn
5 Green Breakfast Smoothies
1 5-Ingredient Go to Green Smoothie | The Real Food RDs 2. Simple Green Smoothie | Choosing Chia 3. Gentle Green Breakfast Smoothie | Happy Veggie Kitchen 4. Glowing Green Smoothie | Feel Good Foodie 5. Green Apple Spinach Smoothie | The Busy Baker
5 Chocolate Breakfast Smoothies
1 Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie | Woman’s Day 2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Shake | Cooking Classy 3. Raw Chocolate Smoothie | Savory Simple 4. Easy Keto Chocolate Smoothie | The Mermaid with Muscles 5. Chocolate Almond Breakfast Shake | I Eat Keto
5 Filling Breakfast Smoothies
1 Pumpkin and Fig Smoothie | Leanna Ray 2. Raspberry Chia Smoothie | Woman’s Day 3. Superfood Smoothie | Love and Zest 4. Cherry Vanilla Smoothie with Almond Butter | Popsugar 5. Banana Breakfast Smoothie | Marsha’s Baking Addiction
Breakfast smoothies are a great way to stay healthy and lose weight! Try out these delicious recipes for your most delicious breakfasts yet!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you love this list of make ahead breakfast smoothies? Make sure to pin it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more healthy recipes like this, please follow our Health Board on Pinterest!