This delectable no-bake Oreo dessert will tantalize your taste buds with its heavenly flavors. Featuring a delightful combination of Oreo cookies, cool whip, pudding mix, and cream cheese, this sweet treat is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make. It has quickly become one of our most beloved no-bake dessert recipes.
❤️ Why You’ll Fall in Love with This Recipe
If you’re a fan of quick and easy recipes, then this will soon become your go-to dessert. Not only can it be prepared in just 20 minutes, but it requires only seven simple ingredients. With a chill time of just two hours, it’s perfect for potlucks, family main courses, or a delightful weekend indulgence that the kids will adore!
🤔 Is This Different from an Oreo Pudding Dessert?
Yes and no. While this recipe does incorporate instant pudding mix and everyone’s favorite Oreo cookies, it goes beyond the simplicity of just pudding and Oreo layers. This dessert showcases an Oreo crust, a luscious cream cheese layer, a velvety chocolate pudding layer, a generous dollop of cool whip, and a sprinkling of crushed cookies. It’s a truly irresistible treat that elevates the classic flavors of Oreo to new heights!
👩🏻🍳 How to Create This No-Bake Oreo Dessert
For optimum results, we recommend making this dessert at least two hours in advance to allow it to set perfectly. It’s an ideal choice when you’re looking for a quick dessert, but not as time-consuming as other no-bake treats.
To guide you through the process, we’ve provided step-by-step instructions along with helpful photos. You’ll find the complete, printable recipe card at the end of this article.
- Plastic zip-top (or Ziploc) bag
- 9×13 baking dish
- Mixer (whisk attachment on stand mixer, hand mixer, or whisk)
- Spoon for transferring pudding mixture and folding in Cool Whip
- Plastic wrap to cover baking dish when refrigerating
🧾 Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 package of Double Stuf Oreos (regular or family size)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 small packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding
- 3 1/4 cups milk (whole, 2%, or skim)
- 2 containers of Cool Whipped Topping (8 oz. each, total of 16 ounces)
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
👩🏻🍳 How to Make This Oreo Dessert
Begin by placing two rows of double-stuffed Oreos into a large Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and crush the cookies into small chunks by applying pressure with the palm of your hands. Alternatively, you can use a rolling pin or a food processor if you prefer.
Once the Oreos are crushed, pour them into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
Place the remaining row of Oreos in the Ziploc bag and crush them to use as a topping.
Pour the melted butter over the crushed Oreos in the baking pan and mix thoroughly with a spoon. Pat down the mixture and refrigerate until it sets.
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and instant pudding powder until the powder is fully incorporated. Increase the speed and whisk until the pudding thickens.
Transfer the pudding mixture to a separate bowl and refrigerate to chill.
Clean out the mixing bowl and whip the softened cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and continue beating until the mixture is smooth. Fold in one container of Cool Whip.
Retrieve the baking pan with the Oreo crust from the refrigerator. Layer the dessert as follows:
- Oreo crust
- Cream cheese and Cool Whip mixture
- Chocolate pudding
- Cool Whip
- Oreo cookie crumbs
Cover the dessert with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours before slicing into heavenly pieces.
💡 Expert Tips:
- Thaw the containers of Cool Whip in the refrigerator overnight for easier handling.
- Pro tip: To loosen the cookie crust for the first slice, place a dishcloth soaked in hot water beneath the corner. After approximately one minute, remove the cloth and slice. The heat will help release the Oreo crust, allowing for a more enjoyable dessert experience.
🍪 More Options and Exciting Add-On Ideas
If you’re in the mood for experimentation, feel free to enhance this Oreo cookie recipe by adding additional ingredients such as:
- Peanut butter cups
- Peanut butter for a peanut butter Oreo sensation
- Drizzles of chocolate syrup
- Vanilla pudding instead of chocolate
- Freshly whipped cream instead of Cool Whip
- Chocolate Oreos
- White chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
- Edible cookie dough crumbles
✅ Related Recipes
If you’re craving more delectable desserts, we’ve got you covered. Check out these enticing recipes that are sure to tickle your taste buds:
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter No-Bake Pie
- Cookie Dough Fudge
And remember, we’ve got your breakfast sorted too with our scrumptious Oreo Cookie Pancakes!
Indulge in the heavenly goodness of our Oreo Cool Whip Dessert. With its effortless preparation, sumptuous flavors, and dreamy texture, it’s a treat that will leave you wanting more. Don’t miss out on this delightful creation from Family Cuisine!