pizza sauce recipe | homemade pizza sauce recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. in essence, pizza sauce is tomato based sauce prepared by blenching tomatoes and spiced with herbs and garlic. essentially it is used as a spread for the pizza base before topping and baking pizza. pizza sauce recipe | homemade pizza sauce recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. basically a thicker version of tomato sauce which is primarily used as spread for pizza bread. it is typically prepared with red ripe tomatoes and spiced with basil leaves and italian herbs. depending upon the spice level, it is even mixed with chili flakes.
while you can easily get hundreds of option in a store, but it cannot match the content of preparing a homemade pizza sauce. to be honest, i was always, huge fan of domino’s veg pizza. until one day, when i realised how easy is to prepare pizza sauce. i knew preparing pizza is an easy task, but was always skeptical about pizza sauce recipe. i even use the same pizza sauce recipe in pasta, spaghetti and lasagna. i use the same sauce to prepare pizzas in oven and also pizzas on tawa or stove top.
furthermore some important tips for a perfect homemade pizza sauce recipe. firstly, use always red ripe tomatoes for sauce. it would give a good color and sweet taste to the sauce. secondly, any tomatoes should be fine for preparing sauce recipe. however for authentic taste, i would san marzano tomatoes which are comparatively more sweet and meatier compared to others. lastly, store the sauce in a air tight container in fridge for long shelf life.
finally, do visit my other international recipe collection from my website, particularly, white sauce pasta, eggless sponge cake, 2 minute mug cake, veg hakka noodles, vanilla ice cream and french fries recipe. in addition do visit my other recipes collection like,
- instant recipes collection
- sandwich recipes collection
- soup recipes collection
homemade pizza sauce video recipe:
recipe card for homemade pizza sauce recipe:
how to make homemade pizza sauce with step by step photo recipe:
- firstly, slit x on bottom of tomatoes. this helps to peel the skin of tomatoes easily once blanched.
- furthermore, add 6 tomatoes (slitted at bottom) into boiling water and blanch.
- close the vessel and boil for 3-4 minutes or till the skin starts to leave from tomatoes.
- further, peel the skin of tomatoes once they cooled completely.
- then take 3 peeled tomatoes and blend to smooth purees.
- chop other 3 tomatoes discarding the seeds.
- transfer to the plate and keep aside.
- furthermore, heat oil in a non stick tawa or heavy bottomed pan.
- add chopped garlic and saute till they turn slightly golden brown.
- further, saute chopped onions till they change colour.
- then add 3 chopped – deseeded tomatoes and cook completely.
- mash in between so that it turns mushy soon.
- also add prepared tomato puree (3 balanced tomatoes).
- mix well and add basil, sugar, chilli powder, oregano, chilli flakes and salt.
- mix well and get the sauce to a boil.
- further, cover and simmer the sauce for atleast 5 minutes or till the sauce turns thick.
- also add tomato sauce. this helps to enhance the flavour of pizza sauce.
- then add butter to make pizza sauce more silky and tasty.
- finally, mix well and pizza sauce is ready to prepare pizzas or pastas.
- firstly, use bright red tomatoes, else sauce will not be of bright colour.
- furthermore, always puree half the quantity of tomatoes and rest half chop them.
- additionally, to make sauce more spicy add green chilli.
- finally, pizza sauce stays fresh for a week or more when stored in a airtight container.