Sweet and crispy Asian Ramen Broccoli Slaw is the ideal chilled side dish for spring cookouts and summer gatherings!
A Unique Take on Classic Coleslaw
I have nothing against a good classic coleslaw, but when was the last time you were genuinely impressed by one? This ramen and broccoli slaw is a game-changer in the realm of summer side dishes.
Don’t forget about Citrus Cilantro Slaw on Taco Tuesdays or Carrot and Apple Slaw for your weekend BBQs!
Other Recipes to Serve With Ramen Broccoli Slaw
- Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken – Simple, healthy, and tangy, chop this grilled chicken and mix it right into this broccoli ramen slaw.
- Hawaiian Grilled Salmon Fillets – This salmon recipe is my favorite for grilling!
- Slaw: No need for chopping; just grab a 16-ounce package of prepared broccoli slaw!
- Mix-ins: This slaw features crunchy sunflower seeds and chopped green onions, along with toasted cashews and crushed-up ramen noodle pieces.
- Dressing: This sweet and tangy dressing is made with light olive oil, sugar, rice vinegar, and 1 chicken-flavored ramen noodle seasoning packet.
How to Make Asian Ramen Broccoli Slaw
STEP ONE: Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the broken ramen noodle pieces and the cashew pieces on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 6 minutes. Mix them up and bake for another 2-3 minutes or until they are lightly toasted. Once toasted to your desired amount, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
STEP TWO: Next, mix the broccoli slaw, sunflower seeds, chopped green onions, and the toasted ramen and cashews together in a large bowl.
STEP THREE: Place olive oil, rice vinegar, sugar, and ramen seasoning packet into a jar. Seal it and shake the dressing to combine.
STEP FOUR: Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad, toss it, and serve chilled.
Tips for Success
- Go easy on the dressing initially. You can always add more, but you can’t take it off if you realize you’ve gone a little overboard.
- To save money, you can substitute cashews with peanuts. They’re much cheaper!
How Long Does Broccoli Slaw Last in the Fridge?
If you keep your slaw in an airtight container in the fridge, it will typically last for 3-5 days. However, this Asian Ramen Broccoli Slaw may lose some of its crunch after a day in the fridge. If you prefer the crunch and want to keep some leftovers, I suggest keeping the toasted ramen and cashews aside. Simply mix them into individual servings instead of the entire bowl. This way, you can keep the ramen crunchy and add it in the next day for round two!
What Else Can I Put in Asian Ramen Broccoli Slaw?
This slaw is extremely customizable and can even be turned into a main course! Consider adding shredded cabbage, red bell peppers, edamame, sesame seeds, or even ginger to enhance the Asian-inspired flavors. It’s also easy to incorporate a protein to turn this side into an entree! Teriyaki Chicken, salmon, and even canned tuna pair well with this slaw.
Other Great Summer Recipes
- Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
- Lemon Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Summer Wild Rice Salad
- Pineapple Rum Slushie
- Chicken Springs Rolls
- Grilled Ribeye Steaks
This post was originally posted on 03/23/2017.