Here’s the best fruit smoothie with a little bit of everything! Berries, mango, apple and banana make a refreshing sweet tart frozen drink.
Want a smoothie that’s all about beautiful, nutrient-dense fruits? Here’s the perfect fruit smoothie! This one’s all about a variety of fruits to provide lots of vitamins, nutrients and fiber. It’s got just the right frosty texture and refreshing sweet tart flavor. You don’t even need milk or yogurt: just loads of fruit that’s blended together with water into a beautiful bright puree. This frozen treat is the perfect afternoon snack to infuse your body with all the good stuff. Here’s how to make it!
Ingredients for a fruit smoothie
This fruit smoothie is all about flavor and color: the beautiful bright pink pops with the promise of all the tasty ingredients within. It’s a plant based and vegan fruit smoothie that’s heavy on the fruit. Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this fruit smoothie:
- Frozen mixed berries: You can use berries of any kind: try to find the mix of blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries sold in the frozen section.
- Green apple: Green apple features in many of our smoothie recipes (like our Spinach Smoothie and Green Smoothie) because it’s full of sweet tart flavor and helps add texture.
- Banana: Banana is almost integral to most smoothies: it adds the best creamy texture!
- Frozen mango or pineapple: You can use either: these frozen fruits add necessary sweetness to the berries.
- Ice: You’ve got to throw in a little ice for the perfect fluffy smoothie texture.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice brings a brightness to the flavors.
- Maple syrup, honey or agave syrup: It’s optional, but it makes for just the right sweetness.
Want more vegan smoothies? Try these Top Vegan Smoothie Recipes!
The trick to blending!
Ever hear that empty whir of your blender blades with no movement? Yep, sometimes smoothies can be hard to blend because the icy components can “freeze” the blender blades. When this happens, you need to add more liquid: but not so much that the smoothie becomes watery! Here are some tricks to blending up the perfect fruit smoothie:
- Use a good blender. Really, your smoothie is only as good as your blender. A weak one just doesn’t cut it! Get a high quality blender and if you have the resources, a high speed blender is even more powerful.
- Place the fresh fruit and liquid near the blades. In this smoothie, you’ll start with the fresh apple and banana, then add the water, then place the frozen items on top. Layering in this fashion prevents the blades from getting stuck initially.
- Use a smoothie tamper. Some blenders come with a smoothie tamper, a long stick you can place through the hole in the top of the blender to help the smoothie blend. It’s not necessary but can be helpful.
Add-ins & variations
This healthy fruit smoothie is pretty perfect as is: but you can always mix it up with tasty additions! Here are a few options:
- Ginger: Add ½ teaspoon grated ginger to the mix.
- Vanilla. Use ¼ to ½ teaspoon vanilla to heighten the flavors.
- Mint or basil. Add a few fresh mint or basil leaves for an herbaceous spin.
- Coconut. A handful of shredded coconut adds a tropical flair.
Can you store this fruit smoothie?
Actually, you can! Smoothies are best eaten immediately. But you can store this fruit smoothie for 1 to 2 days refrigerated, stored in a sealed container or a mason jar with the lid on. If it separates (which is perfectly normal), just shake it up and you’re good to go.
Why would you store it? It’s actually perfect for breakfast on the good. Mix up a smoothie the night before, and you can enjoy it for breakfast the next day.
This fruit smoothie recipe is…
Vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
More smoothie recipes
Here are a few of our favorite smoothie recipes:
- Berries: Strawberry, Strawberry Banana, Mixed Berry, Blueberry, Strawberry Mango or Blueberry Banana Smoothie Full of sweet fruity flavor!
- Greens: Kale, Avocado, Celery, Green or Spinach Smoothie The flavor is so irresistible, you’ll forget you’re eating all those healthy ingredients.
- Sweet: Vanilla Protein, Yogurt or Peanut Butter Smoothie They taste a little like milkshakes…but they’re healthy smoothies!
- Fruits: Banana, Pineapple, Peach, Mango, Orange, or Watermelon Smoothie Juicy and lightly sweet: perfectly refreshing.
Another tasty healthy drink? Try our homemade kombucha!