Frozen Strawberry Smoothies are decadent yogurt smoothie drinks conveniently made with frozen fruit. Delicious as a snack, dessert or a healthy breakfast, this quick and easy fruit smoothie recipe has a fresh and fruity sherbet-y flavor that you’ll love.
Reasons to Make Frozen Fruit Strawberry Smoothies
- These smoothies are not your average frozen strawberry and yogurt mash up. It’s frozen strawberries and orange creme flavored yogurt!
- You can make this smoothie recipe year round with frozen berries.
- It makes a healthy dessert that kids will actually want to have again and again.
- They can be a quick to make breakfast that tastes fantastic and is both healthy and filling.
- Did I mention that it’s highly portable? Take it with you for a tasty refreshing snack.
- This strawberry smoothie is better than a milkshake, and better for you!
Frozen Fruit Smoothie
These healthy yogurt based smoothies are a go to quick meal at my house. This strawberry smoothie with hints of citrus is one of our favorites. If you have a blender, you have all the tools you need to make this easy recipe. The ingredients are simple and include orange creme yogurt, strawberries, ice, lemon juice and milk. You can even substitute the milk out for water if you prefer.
How to Make a Strawberry Smoothie
Read more: How to get rid of coffee smell in house
This is why I love to make smoothies, all you have to do is put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. That’s it. You might have to make minor adjustments to accommodate the thickness of the frozen smoothie.
This is a thick smoothie, so feel free to add more milk or water to make it thinner if necessary. Also because it is so thick, some blenders may have hard time, if this is the case try leaving out the ice and/or adding some liquid. I use a BlendTec Blender, which works great and can handle almost everything I throw at it. For a less expensive option, I highly recommend this KitchenAid Blender.
Dairy Free Smoothie Option
Sometimes I like to make a dairy-free fruit smoothie, so I use a coconut based yogurt and orange juice or water instead of milk.
Different Fruit Flavor Options
I have also made this with blueberries and vanilla yogurt rather than strawberries and orange yogurt. Feel free to mix and match based on your tastes or what you have on hand.
Fresh Fruit Smoothie Option
Read more: ideas for smoothies in a blender
Fresh fruit will work well too, but it won’t be quite as thick.
More Easy Fruit Filled Recipes
If frozen strawberry smoothies have you hankering for more delicious fruit filled desserts, try some of these easy recipes:
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry with Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Blueberry Buckle
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Blueberry Compote
- Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
More Berry Recipes
- Mixed Berry Crumble Bars
- Chocolate Raspberry Bars
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Peach Dump Cake
- Orange Loaf
- Ambrosia Fruit Salad
- Pineapple Cranberry Cooler
Click to pin & save recipe!
Read more: How to ween yourself off of coffee