This healthy Roasted Beet Feta Salad is made with fresh Beets, spinach, walnuts and comes with a warm honey beet salad dressing recipe.
Roasted beet salad has always been a crowd pleasure in our home. And I’m more than certain it will be in yours too!
Looking for some more popular salad recipes that are just as good as this Roasted Beet Feta Salad? Then you will want to try my Best Bean Salad and my Chicken Pea Pasta.
IS BEET SALAD HEALTHY
Yes very, beets contain lots of nutrients such as fiber folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C.
Also make sure that you don’t throw out the beet greens!!
The stems and leafs are even edible so nothing has to go to waist here!
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT BEETS
They are super nutritious for you because they are very low in cholesterol and saturated fat.
WHAT DRESSING FOR BEET SALAD
BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- Pour your Balsamic Vinegar into a bowl.
- Then warm up the honey in the microwave for a few seconds. Preferably use natural honey (most European markets sell the real stuff)
- Next smash in the roasted garlic into the honey and pour into a small bowl.
- Mix/Whisk well adding a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Pour over your finished salad.
HOW TO ROAST BEETS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Then wrap the beets with the skin on in aluminum foil and place on the medium shelve in oven.
- Do the same for the garlic, roast it in it’s skin.
- Then bake for 40-45 minutes till fork tender.
HOW TO PREPARE BEET SALAD
- Once they have baked remove the foil with an oven mitt (be careful there hot) and let it cool slightly enough so you can peel off the skin.
- Peel off the beets in a clean sink, this way there will be little mess.
- Tossing the skins once it is all done!
- Slice into 1/4-inch thick slices, and chop in quarters.
- Top with toasted walnuts, feta cheese, salad mix and your pre – made dressing.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
HOW TO TOAST WALNUTS
- Toast the walnuts in a pan with a little olive oil till browned and fragrant for a couple mins.
- You can also toast them in the oven if you prefer.
Are you ready for a BURST OF FLAVORS!
ARE ROASTING BEETS GOOD FOR YOU
Raw is best, however if your roasting them in tinfoil you are still preserving the nutrients. Vs boiling them away!
Plus roasting beets brings out their flavor! When choosing beets to roast, look for the small to medium ones as they will roast quicker.
CAN ROASTED BEETS BE FROZEN
Defiantly, and they taste just as good once thawed. Just do not reheat them as they become to mushy for this salad.
ROASTED BEET FETA SALAD
Contains just a few fresh simple ingredients of freshly roasted beets, feta cheese, fresh spinach and chopped walnuts.
Then is served with a lovely balsamic dressing that your sure to love.
MAKING A BEET SALAD GREAT FOR DIABETICS
Beets also contain a very good source of nutrients such as dietary fiber, folate, vitamin B and cooper, iron and magnesium, potassium and manganese and vitamin C.
If that is not a reason to eat more beets, than I don’t know what is!
The best time of year to find fresh beets is end summer!
So if you have a local farmers market, be sure to check them out for some fresh beets.
CAN I USED FROZEN BEETS FOR BEET SALAD
Yes, you will want to start with raw beets and place them in the oven on a baking sheet or in tinfoil.
- Baking them till fork tender, which ruffly takes 40 mins at 400f.
- Then let them cool down before, slicing and freezing in appropriate freezer bags.
- Then once your ready to use them. Make sure to allow them to fully defrost on the counter or in the fridge for 24 hours.
Reheating them though can make them soggy!
So it is best you serve them with a hot dressing.
BEET SALAD WITH FETA CHEESE AND WALNUTS
Is sure something special and can be served just about anytime of the year!
Once you start to learn to prepare and cook fresh beets.
You may find yourself loving everything about them.
Below you will find some recipes, that I think would go well right alongside this salad.
IS BEET SALAD KETO
Yes beets, walnuts and everything in this salad is keto
BEET SALAD FOR THANKSGIVING
This salad is defiantly a THANKSGIVING recipes and so are these 25 Recipes for Thanksgiving!
BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE
Yes omit the feta for goat cheese and it is just as tasty!
OTHER ROOT VEGETABLE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE
- Instant Pot Maple Glazed Carrots
- Simple Sauteed Asparagus
- Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots
MAIN COURSE RECIPES that go well with this salad
- Maple Glazed Salmon
- Grilled Bbq Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon
- Barbacoa Beef
- Chinese Duck
CAN DOGS EAT BEETS
Yes and they are very healthy, bake them or air fry them for a tasty treat.
LOOKING FOR MORE AMAZING RECIPES THAT CALL FOR BEETS?
Air Fryer Beets
If you loved this recipe? Chances are you will also love some of my other salad recipes below.
- Ranch Caprese Pasta Salad
- Cheesy Pesto Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes
- Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad
- Dill Pickle Black Forest Pasta Salad
- Bacon Lettuce Tomato Pasta Salad
- Tabbouleh bulgur recipe
- Cheesy Pesto Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
Stay connected and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of my latest recipes
UPDATED: This post was originally published on May 4, 2018, but was published on June 29 , 2021
For more information, please see more information about Recipes for beet salad with feta