This is ALWAYS a winner! Roasted broccoli is hands down, my kids favorite vegetable, possibly mine as well!
Roasted broccoli FTW! First it was the Roasted Asparagus, and now the Best Roasted Broccoli EVER. And if we’re being honest, it’s another recipe stolen from a friend. My gal pal Stacy had us over for dinner and I seriously would’ve eaten the entire dish if there hadn’t been other guests around.
As it was, I demanded the recipe and made it at home the next night. Yum. (YUM, YUM, YUM). Serve it with mashed potatoes and baked salmon or a delicious crock pot ham!
Roasted Broccoli Ingredients
- Broccoli – It is important to use fresh broccoli florets for this recipe. You know I love a shortcut with frozen vegetables, but it won’t work for this one. If you try to use frozen broccoli, it won’t crispy up (although, it will still taste good!).
- Oil – I like to use a bold flavored olive oil, but you can use a light olive oil, or other vegetable oil. You could even use rendered bacon fat from your oven baked bacon!
- Salt – I’m a big fan of kosher salt for this. You could also use a little garlic salt if you want even more flavor.
- Pepper – Just a little fresh cracked black pepper. Mmm mmm mmm.
How long does it take to roast broccoli?
It takes 20 – 30 minutes to roast broccoli at 450 degrees. At this time and temperature, your roasted broccoli will be nice and crispy.
I like mine super crispy on the edges. My kids call it french fry broccoli when I roast broccoli in the oven this way!
What temperature to roast broccoli?
Roasting is typically done at a higher temperature than baking. Anywhere between 425 and 475 degrees Fahrenheit will work, but we find the sweet for for this recipe is 450 degrees.
What to Serve with Roasted Broccoli
Broiled Flank Steak
Crispy Chicken Thighs
Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
Mac and Cheese
More Roasted Vegetable Recipes
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
More Broccoli Recipes
Also read: Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe
Broccoli Cheese Potato Casserole
Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
See all our broccoli recipes here!
Roasted Broccoli Making Tools
- Oil mister – This is the perfect gift for folks who want to make sure they know exactly what they’re spraying on their pans. We like to put olive oil in ours, but you could use anything from vegetable oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, or whatever you like! Just pump the top a few times and it sprays a fine mist of the oil you chose.
- Santuko knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it’s fun and colorful!
- Bakers half sheet – It’s cool, we only have about six of these bakers half sheets because they’re good for absolutely everything. Cookies? Yes! Steak? Yes! Cake? Oh yeh! Roasted veggies? Uhhhh huh!
How to Make Roasted Broccoli
I love to serve this with some chicken (we have the best way to bake chicken!) and vegetable noodle stir fry, or egg roll in a bowl recipe!
Through this article, we hope to help you understand What temperature to roast broccoli