This simple Roasted Parmesan Zucchini side dish is sure to be your new favorite way to eat zucchini. It just takes a few simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes to prepare these crispy, cheesy bites of this classic summer vegetable.
- Easy Parmesan Roasted Zucchini
- Cooking with Zucchini
- Ingredients in Roasted Parmesan Zucchini
- How to Make Oven Roasted Parmesan Zucchini
- Oven Roasted Parmesan Zucchini Recipe
- More Vegetable Recipes
Easy Parmesan Roasted Zucchini
What is it about the zucchini plant that makes it seem to provide a never ending supply? Even if you love zucchini, it can start to become difficult to find new ways to prepare it.
Reading: How long to roast zucchini at 400
Trust me, we love us some Zucchini Bread around our house but if you are looking for something new, this Roasted Parmesan Zucchini recipe is perfect. The crispy roasted bites of zucchini are popping with flavor and covered with crispy bits of Parmesan cheese.
Read more: French Dip Sandwiches
Eat as is, or drizzle with a bit of Garlic Basil Hemp Aioli for something totally special. Yum!
If you love oven-roasting veggies, be sure to try our Roasted Red Potatoes, Oven Brussel Sprouts, Ranch Roasted Potatoes, and our Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe.
Cooking with Zucchini
Start by washing your zucchini well and cutting off the tips. There is no need to peel! In fact, the skin of zucchini is where much of the vitamins and minerals are hiding so it’s preferable to keep it on.
Read more: Roast leg of lamb boneless recipe
Next, you’ll need to cut and slice the zucchini into whichever shapes you want. Using this recipe as a base you can make roasted zucchini slices, half moons or even spears. If you decide to go with spears, you’ll want to adjust the roasting time and temperature to more like 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Ingredients in Roasted Parmesan Zucchini
- Zucchini – try and find zucchini that are firm, green and roughly the same size. You could also try this recipe with yellow squash.
- Avocado Oil – if you can’t find avocado oil, you can also substitute olive oil or even vegetable oil.
- Seasoning – we use Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Other tasty seasoning to try are onion powder, red pepper flakes or fresh basil.
- Parmesan Cheese – this should be shredded or grated fresh Parmesan cheese. The stuff from the can won’t melt correctly!
How to Make Oven Roasted Parmesan Zucchini
- Prep the zucchini. Wash and slice zucchini into ⅙” thick rounds.
- Toss with seasoning. Put the zucchini in a large bowl and add the avocado oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and Parmesan. Toss until well coated, then spread onto a baking sheet in an even layer and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast. Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until barely soft. Remove from the oven and turn to broil. Broil for about 3-5 more minutes, or until golden brown and then remove from the oven.
- Serve. Let cool for a few minutes, then serve warm. Enjoy!
More Vegetable Recipes
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Zucchini Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
- Homemade Zucchini Bread
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Easy Quiche Recipe with Vegetables
- Easy Veggie Cups
- Zucchini Chips
- Zucchini Fries
- More Summer Recipes
- Easy Fall Recipes
- Easy Vegetable Side Dishes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
If you are looking for a new way to prepare this classic summer vegetable, this recipe for Roasted Parmesan Zucchini is just for you. It’s a super simple side dish that’s full of flavor and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Read more: How to Cook a Turkey
Please see more list about How long to roast zucchini at 400