Serve this colourful chopped tomato, onion, and cucumber salad with or over something. With tomatoes, onion, cucumber, parsley, and a easy French dressing, the salad is crunchy, ultra-flavorful and is vegetarian. Soar to the Chopped Tomato, Onion, and Cucumber Salad Recipe
The right way to Make the Greatest Tomato, Onion and Cucumber Salad
Adam got here up with this salad at the start of summer season, and we’ve been making it ever since. Should you meal prep, that is the proper salad to have in your fridge so as to add crunch, colour, and taste to meals. You possibly can serve it with absolutely anything. Actually. Have a look beneath for some strategies.
The salad is easy to make — combine finely diced tomatoes, candy onion, and cucumbers. Stir in plenty of contemporary parsley and end with a easy vinegarette.
The dressing is similar to what we use when making our orzo and cucumber salad or this straightforward chickpea and tomato salad.
Begin with some vinegar (or use contemporary lemon) then whisk in a little bit of Dijon mustard, honey, salt, pepper, and olive oil. It’s contemporary, gentle and works fantastically with the juices from the chopped tomatoes and cucumber.
The salad retains lined within the fridge for 2 to a few days. Because it sits, juices from the tomatoes, onion, and cucumber mingle with the dressing, making it style even higher. I really like the juices on the backside of the bowl a lot; I eat it with a spoon.
We’ve been making this all summer season lengthy. It’s scrumptious by itself, however our favourite solution to take pleasure in it’s as a “salsa.” We eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
How we serve the chopped salad
The choices for serving this colourful salad are limitless. Listed here are just a few strategies:
- Spoon over scrambled eggs for breakfast
- Stir into rice, quinoa, or different cooked grains
- Add to tacos or lettuce wraps
- Serve on prime of baked fish, rooster or pork chops
- Add to extra substantial salads for further colour and crunch
- Spoon on prime of creamy hummus and serve with pita chips
- Add to chilly soups like gazpacho for crunch
- Get pleasure from on prime of grilled bread, such as you would tomato bruschetta
- Function a contemporary salsa alongside tortilla chips
Extra Simple Salads
- You could do this creamy cucumber salad recipe with a tzatziki-inspired dressing made with Greek yogurt, vinegar, contemporary lemon, garlic, and dill.
- We love this couscous salad with arugula, cucumbers, and feta cheese.
- This feta topped cherry tomato salad has been on repeat currently. We may eat it every single day!
- One in all our hottest recipes, these gentle lemony rooster breasts are served with a salad of cucumber, tomatoes, and feta.
- This straightforward and superfood packed quinoa salad has rapidly develop into certainly one of our favorites.