Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies makes for the best simple, filling, and nutritious dinner with virtually no cleanup! Toss this killer seasoning blend with your favorite veggies and smoked sausage and then roast them all to perfection. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy as is or over a cooked grain.
Pair Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies with a quick and simple salad like this Cucumber salad or Fruit salad recipe.
Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
This Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies is easily the most popular meal at my home. It’s a hit with the kids, and my husband- and I love it as well!
Start by tossing loads of veggies and smoked sausage with olive oil and the best seasoning blend. This meal has it all: quick prep, practically nonexistent cleanup, inexpensive to make, and every single bite is loaded with flavor. Who says healthy can’t also be downright delicious?!
I hope you love this one-pan healthy dinner as much as my family does!
This recipe is very forgiving and can easily be customized to fit your personal preferences. Below are some variation options:
- Veggies: Use whatever veggies you like best, but keep in mind that root veggies typically take longer to bake. Because of that, you’ll want to cut them quite small so they’ll cook at the same rate as the other veggies. Some veggies that would work great in this dish are cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, green or red bell pepper, diced sweet potato, summer squash, zucchini, onion, and/or cherry tomatoes.
- Swap potatoes: We love baby red potatoes, but baby gold (Yukon) potatoes are another favorite and work well in this meal. Whatever potatoes you use, make sure they are chopped into small pieces, so they’ll cook in the indicated amount of time.
- Spice levels: If you like a hit of spice, add the optional red pepper flakes or sprinkle red pepper flakes on individual plates. If heat isn’t your thing, leave them out — no other changes necessary!
- Add a sauce: While we love Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies as is, but if you’d like some sort of sauce, I’d recommend a good basil pesto or similar herb sauce (like a chimichurri). For a creamy sauce, I’d recommend a cilantro–lime sauce (like the one on this Shrimp Tacos recipe). One other sauce option would be a balsamic glaze.
- Serving suggestions: For a more filling meal, serve this dish over cooked quinoa (how to cook quinoa here) or cooked rice. Don’t forget to season the quinoa or rice with salt and pepper so the meal as a whole isn’t under seasoned when served together. To keep this meal low carb, use cauliflower rice as the base.
- Sausage: More on possible variations for this ingredient below!
Let’s talk sausage
- We prefer smoked turkey sausage when making Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies. We love the flavor and that turkey is a bit healthier.
- We’ve also used chicken sausage and thoroughly enjoy that. Aidells® is a chicken sausage brand we enjoy (not sponsored); they create a lot of different flavored (and well-seasoned) smoked sausages. Some of our favorites in this dish are the Italian Sausage, Bacon, Mushroom, and Swiss Cheese Sausage, and Sun-dried Tomato Sausage. Check out all the varieties here; it’s a fun way to enjoy this meal while also changing it up a bit!
- Smoked beef sausage also works great in this dish!
My top tip for roasting veggies
Use a LARGE sheet pan. The more space the vegetables and sausage have to cook (and the less crowded they are), the better they roast.
Read more: Roast Chicken Recipe
When vegetables overlap or crowd onto a sheet pan, they end up steaming instead of roasting, which greatly affects the end taste/texture; it also takes longer for everything to cook when there is less space.
I recommend this 15×21-inch sheet pan or using two pans to cook this Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies meal.
More Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies variations
This recipe has been one of the most-popular concepts published on this site! And to answer various requests from readers, I’ve created several different variations on this original recipe. These variations swap out the veggies, use different seasoning blends, and some are served with a sauce. Enjoy working your way through these other favorite sheet pan sausage and veggie meals:
- One Pan Italian Sausage and Veggies with an Italian-inspired seasoning blend
- Harvest Vegetables and Sausage with sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts
- One Pan Potatoes and Sausage with a garlic-herb seasoning blend
- Sausage Pesto & Veggies with cauliflower gnocchi and sun-dried tomatoes
- One Pan Garlic Herb Shrimp and Sausage tossed in a buttery seasoning blend
Please see more list about Smoked sausage and roasted vegetables