Boom Boom Sauce is the ultimate game-changer when it comes to elevating your snacks. This sweet, spicy, and garlicky magic sauce will take your taste buds on a wild ride. Whether you’re serving it with burgers, french fries, nachos, fried seafood, grilled veggies, or even drizzling it on your salads, this 5-minute Sheetz copycat recipe is a must-try. Get ready to experience a flavor explosion!
About Boom Boom Sauce
Boom Boom Sauce is a mayo-based sauce that is addictively delicious and can be used as a dip for just about anything. Its sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors instantly make any dish taste exceptional. Initially served at Sheetz gas stations with deep-fried pickles, this sauce quickly gained popularity.
The recipe combines mayonnaise, sriracha, sweet chili sauce, yellow mustard, and tomato ketchup. With the addition of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper, the sauce becomes even more versatile and delicious. The best part? It only takes 5 minutes to make, and the homemade version tastes absolutely fabulous. Plus, there are no added preservatives, colors, or stabilizers, making it a healthier and more cost-effective choice.
I personally recommend making this sauce a few hours ahead of serving to allow the flavors to meld together. However, you can also prepare it several days in advance. This recipe yields about 1 and ½ cups of sauce, but feel free to adjust the quantities based on your needs.
No need for pans, stoves, or blenders; simply mix the ingredients in a bowl and it’s ready to be devoured. It’s that easy!
How To Make Boom Boom Sauce
To make this irresistible sauce, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup plain mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Stir well using a spoon or a small wire whisk until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Check for salt and pepper, and add more if needed.
Transfer the sauce to a container with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pro Tips By Neha
- If the sauce is too thick, you can thin it out by adding water, pickle juice, relish, or lime juice.
- Adjust the quantity of the ingredients according to your taste preferences.
- Garlic Parmesan: Add some grated parmesan cheese and roasted garlic to the original recipe for a rich and savory twist.
- Vegan: For a vegan version, replace the regular mayonnaise with eggless vegan mayonnaise.
- Sweet: Add honey, brown sugar, or maple syrup to the sauce to add a touch of sweetness.
- Spicy: If you love heat, add more hot sauce, cayenne pepper, or diced jalapeños to the original recipe. Feel free to experiment with seasonings like cajun spice powder, 5 spice powder, or 7 spice for a fun twist.
The possibilities are endless! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Grilled chicken, vegetables, or fish are elevated with the addition of this creamy sauce.
- It’s the perfect dipping sauce for chicken tenders, onion rings, sweet potato fries, French fries, and baked sweet potato wedges.
- Use it as a condiment in burgers, hotdogs, hamburgers, sandwiches, wraps, rolls, or tacos.
- Serve it with chips, nachos, or crackers for a flavorful snacking experience.
- It pairs beautifully with deep-fried snacks like chicken tempura.
- Use it as a dip or a spread in your sandwiches. You can even use it as a salad dressing for a burst of flavor.
You can refrigerate this sauce for up to a month. However, make sure there are no fresh ingredients added to it. The longer it sits, the better the flavors blend together.
If you have any leftovers, you can freeze the sauce in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Simply thaw and serve whenever you’re in need of a quick flavor boost.
To discover more delicious sauce recipes, visit Family Cuisine.