With succulent pork chops bathed in a luscious mushroom sauce that will have you yearning to savor every last drop, this effortless recipe brings the comforts of Southern cuisine straight to your table. Prepare to indulge in the perfect dump-and-go Crock Pot creation that is ready to be devoured whenever your heart desires!
If you’re a fan of mushrooms, then this slow cooker pork chops recipe will have your taste buds dancing with joy. Featuring a creamy sauce enriched with abundant mushrooms, this is the kind of dinner that simply makes my day. The incredible part is, it’s an easy Crock Pot recipe. Just toss everything into the slow cooker, set it, and forget it! By the time you return home, the tantalizing aroma will fill the air, and a delectable meal will await you. What’s more, this dish is budget-friendly! It won’t burn a hole in your pocket, but it will taste like a million bucks!
This delightful recipe was inspired by one of Naomi Judd’s creations from her cookbook. I’ve been preparing this dish for my loved ones for over two decades, and I must say, it has never failed to impress. If you’re a fellow slow cooker enthusiast like me, then I’m confident that this recipe will soon become one of your favorites as well!
Ingredients: Simple Pantry Staples
There’s nothing fancy about the ingredients needed for this delectable Crock Pot pork chop with mushroom soup recipe. In fact, you probably have everything you need right in your fridge and pantry!
- Cream of mushroom soup – You’ll require 2 cans, and I recommend using low-sodium cream of mushroom soup for a healthier option.
- Sauteed mushrooms – Sauté some fresh mushrooms in butter, or you can even use canned mushrooms.
- Garlic powder – Use garlic powder instead of garlic salt to ensure the perfect flavor balance.
- Black pepper – A few grinds of fresh black pepper will elevate the taste to new heights.
- Worcestershire sauce – Dig into the back of your fridge and retrieve that bottle of Worcestershire sauce. A splash of it adds incredible depth to this dish.
- Pork chops – I’ll share my recommendations below for the best chops to use in this recipe.
- Fresh thyme – Optional, but it adds a beautiful touch as a garnish.
Perfect Pork Chops for Your Crock Pot Delight
While this recipe works well with various pork chops, my personal favorites are the thin center-cut pork chops. You know, the boneless ones with minimal fat content. They cook up beautifully in this easy recipe, and since they are boneless, there’s no need to worry about bones! Of course, you can use other types of pork chops, including thicker ones, but you may need to adjust the cooking time. The pork chops should be fork-tender when this masterpiece is ready to be devoured!
How to Prepare Crock Pot Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Stir the cream of mushroom soup, sautéed mushrooms (or canned mushrooms), garlic powder, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce together in the bottom of your Crock Pot or slow cooker.
- Nestle the pork chops into the divine sauce.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Adjust the seasoning to suit your preference, garnish with fresh thyme if desired, and savor every mouthwatering bite!
Tips for Sensational Success
- If using bone-in chops, be sure to rinse them before cooking to remove any bone chips.
- Keep a few cans of mushroom soup in your pantry by snagging them when they’re on sale, ensuring you’re always ready to whip up this delightful dish.
- Instead of pork chops, you can opt for a whole boneless pork loin roast (approximately 1 pound) cut into cubes.
- Pork tenderloin can also be used as a tasty alternative for this recipe.
- While sautéed mushrooms add fantastic flavor and texture, canned mushrooms work perfectly fine as well.
How to Serve this Mouthwatering Delight
The sauce in this recipe is so divine that you’ll definitely need something to soak up all that goodness. Picture this: Mama’s Buttermilk Biscuits or a generous mound of creamy mashed potatoes alongside this masterpiece. Pure perfection, right? To elevate this indulgence into a full-fledged feast, complement it with a flavorful vegetable side dish. Consider options like air-fried broccoli, 2-ingredient green beans, or honey-glazed baby carrots to round out the meal.
Storage: Save Some for Later
If, by some miracle, you have leftovers from this heavenly creation, fear not! Simply store the smothered pork chops in an airtight container in the fridge, where they will stay fresh and flavorful for 3-4 days. Though, I must admit, resisting the temptation to finish them all in one sitting might be a challenge!
Frequently Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet. But feel free to drop me a line, and I’ll be more than happy to answer any queries you might have!
Now, gather your ingredients, grab your trusty Crock Pot, and prepare to create a dish that will have your family and friends begging for seconds. Remember to enjoy the process as much as the end result, and savor each bite of this soul-warming Southern comfort delight!
For more incredible recipes and delightful culinary inspiration, don’t forget to explore the wonders of Family Cuisine.