- Best Slow Cooker Roast Beef
- Slow Cooker Roast Beef Ingredients
- How to Cook Melt in Your Mouth Roast Beef in the Slow Cooker
- Crockpot Roast Beef Recipes Tips
- How Long to Cook Roast Beef in Crock Pot
- Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe FAQs
- How to Thicken Roast Beef Gravy
- Best Roast Beef Recipes
- 📌 Pin it for later!
- 📋 Recipe
- 💬 Reviews
Best Slow Cooker Roast Beef
What could be better than slow cooker beef recipes? Set everything up at the start of your day, and by dinnertime, you have a beautiful meal with no extra work.
I love it when one meal transitions into two. You can even double the recipe and have delicious meals all week long.
I guarantee you’re going to love feeding your family this slow cooker pot roast with red wine gravy. Its fork-tender and the leftovers are perfect for making Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches.
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Ingredients
- chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
- yellow onion diced
- garlic powder
- tomato paste
- red wine
- bay leaves
- beef broth
- Fresh parsley for garnish
How to Cook Melt in Your Mouth Roast Beef in the Slow Cooker
- Generously season a roast on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and vegetable oil.
- Once the butter is melted add the roast and sear golden-brown on all sides.
- Transfer to the large slow cooker, and keep the pan hot.
- Dice onion and add to the pan along with garlic powder.
- Cook, stirring, until golden, then add tomato paste and cook 1 minute.
- Transfer to the slow cooker, and keep the pan hot.
- Add red wine to the pan.
- Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom and stir them into the wine.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce reduces by half. Pour into the cooker with roast and onions.
- Chop carrots, celery stalks, and potatoes. Add dried thyme, dried rosemary, and bay leaves to the slow cooker. Then, pour in the beef stock.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours until beef and vegetables are tender.
- During the last hour of cooking, add cornstarch to a small bowl and mix with the liquid from the slow cooker. Whisk until combined, then pour back into the slow cooker and stir to mix.
- Taste the broth, then season with salt and pepper as necessary.
- Remove the chuck roast when done and shred with two forks. Discard bay leaves and sprinkle the roast with fresh parsley (if using). Serve warm, and enjoy!
Crockpot Roast Beef Recipes Tips
- For firmer potatoes, add them halfway through the cooking time instead of at the start.
- Do not use russet potatoes.
- Sear the roast first, brown the onions, and deglaze the pan with red wine before adding ingredients to the crockpot. This adds so much flavor!
How Long to Cook Roast Beef in Crock Pot
We cook our crockpot roast for 9 hours over low heat. You can cook yours anywhere from 8-10 hours until it’s fork-tender to your liking.
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe FAQs
How to Thicken Roast Beef Gravy
We use a mixture of cornstarch and broth from the crockpot to thicken the gravy inside the pot and find it thickens the beef gravy perfectly. If you want it a bit thicker, use a little more cornstarch.
Best Roast Beef Recipes
- Beef Birria used to make amazing Birria Tacos
- Smoked Chuck Roast
- Dutch Oven Pot Roast
- Chuck Roast
- Mississippi Pot Roast
Try more of our roast beef recipes!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
For more information please see the list of When to add potatoes to pot roast