Looking for a holiday ham recipe to prepare on your Traeger electric smoker? This Smoked Ham with a sweet honey glaze is so juicy and full of flavor. It will be come the new favorite holiday recipe for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. We love it so much that we make it for Sunday dinner too! Pair it with mashed potatoes, vegetables, dinner rolls and you have an entire meal everyone will love.
This delicious smoked ham is the perfect meal for when you entertaining family and friends for a Sunday dinner or for the holidays. This will be a regular on our rotation for meals like Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter! We love serving it with smoked dinner rolls and apple pie!
Did you know that all pork products labeled “ham” have been cured with a nitrate curing solution to give them their pink color and tender texture? They are also all pre-cooked and most are labeled as “smoked”.
Technically you can serve them straight out of the package, but we are going to put ours on the Traeger electric smoker so we have a twice smoked ham and add an amazing honey glaze!
Ingredients for Smoked Spiral Ham
Steps to Prepare
Smoking a ham on your Traeger electric smoker is super easy!
- Prep Glaze – The first thing you want to do is prepare you honey glaze, so grab a saucepan and combine the ginger ale, brown sugar, honey and apple cider vinegar. Bring to a boil. Cook until glaze is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- Prep Ham – While that is simmering grab your spiral ham and remove all of the netting and wrapping from the ham and lay the ham in a large foil pan. Pull the slices apart one by one and drizzle honey glaze down in between the pieces. You will want to hold the front so the slices do not fall all the way over and tear. After that brush the top of the ham with glaze.
- Prep Smoker – Prep your smoker according to manufacture’s directions. We used cherry wood pellets in our Traeger electric smoker. Set your smoker for cooking at about 240 degrees F.
- Smoke Ham – After that you will place the pan with your spiral ham in it on the Traeger smoker. The smoking process will take 3 hours. This is a double smoked ham so the ham is already cooked, this process adds more smoke flavor and the amazing honey glaze. Remove from smoker and serve immediately!
FAQ’s on Smoked Ham
Here are some quick tips and answers to your questions on making a twice smoked ham!
If you have additional questions leave us a comment and we will answer them!
- Use a disposable aluminum pan to catch the drippings and make for easy clean up!
- Place the ham cut side down in the pan.
- Make a beautiful presentation for a holiday meal by garnishing your ham with an assortment of herbs and fruit such as grapes.
- We recommend using apple wood chips for this recipe. Other great options would be either a hickory or cherry wood chip too.
What happens if the slices of ham start to fall while smoking?
Simply grab a few toothpicks and pin the slices up on the ham while smoking.
How long does it take to smoke a ham?
It will take about three hours to smoke a ham at 240 degrees F on your smoker. This equates to about 20 minutes per pound of pre-cooked ham. You will want the internal temperature to be 140 degrees F when it’s completely warmed through.
Is smoked ham already cooked?
Yes it is!
Also read: How To Smoke Ham On Pellet Grill?
The ham is already smoked, you are essentially just warming up the ham, adding more smoke flavor and this amazing honey glaze to it!
How much Ham Per Person?
If you are using a bone-in ham you’ll need approximately 3/4 lb per person that you are planning to serve. I like to plan for 1lb because the leftovers are so amazing!
Finish Your Holiday Meal!
If you love this, you’ll really love my recipes for these easy holiday recipes!
- You can’t have a holiday dinner without Smoked Deviled Eggs on the menu!
- Everyone loves Cheesy Potatoes and when you make them on the smoker the flavor is absolutely amazing.
- Light and fluffy dinner rolls with a hint of smoked taste.
- The finishing touch is this easy Lemon Blueberry Crisp.
I hope you love this twice smoked ham, I know we do! When you try this be sure to swing back and give me a five-star rating below!
Please see more list about Smoked ham on pellet grill