Zingy, refreshing and moisturizing for the skin! This bright skin smoothie brightens up the complexion and makes it glow – and it only takes 7 ingredients and 5 minutes to make!
Bright Skin Smoothie Recipe
A little something to brighten up the skin this winter!
The heater is in full blast in our apartment and my skin feels tight and flaky because of it.
We sometimes briefly open the window to let in some fresh air and moisture, but not this week. Not when it’s 25ºF outside, snowing and so windy that it feels like our windows could break. When it gets like this, I need to care for my skin more than usual. I’ll steam in the shower, sleep with the humidifier on and eat lots and lots of fruits and veggies. It’s still not perfect but I do notice a difference, plus, my sinuses always feel so much better!
I started making these a couple of weeks ago after going days without sunshine – my skin was looking pretty dull. I was in dire need of something zingy and re-energizing so I made this quick little concoction. This is a very light and thin smoothie; it rather tastes like a cleansing juice than a thick shake. It’s easy to drink, tastes mildly sweet and reminds me of a flavored lemonade, almost.
A bright skin smoothie is basically a smoothie made with ingredients that are packed with nutrients known to brighten up the complexion. Here is what each ingredient does:
- Lemon: helps balance the PH levels of your skin which is essential to minimizing problems with eczema, psoriasis, chronic dry skin and other common skin problems.
- Strawberries: Improve skin tone and complexion.
- Apple: contains vitamin C which helps you make collagen – what causes the skin to look smooth and hydrated.
- Banana: rich in potassium which helps hydrate and moisturize dehydrated skin.
- Kiwi: contains several skin friendly nutrients like vitamin C, E and antioxidants whic are essential for rejuvenating your skin’s health.
- Almond Milk: contains vitamin E and a variety of antioxidants essential to your skin’s health.
- Ground Flaxseed: The essential fatty acids found in flaxseeds help keep your skin hydrated and smooth in appearance.
So if your skin feels like it could need a little extra love, give this bright skin smoothie a try every day for one week to boost it full of moisture and antioxidants.
Other skin rejuvenating recipes:
- Beauty Fruit Smoothie
- Honey Sriracha Oven Baked Salmon
- AM Glow Smoothie
- Edamame Soup
- Loaded Sweet Potato with Rosemary
Did you like this Bright Skin Smoothie Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to familycuisine.net.