Sticky Grilled Chicken Wings consist of lots of garlic, brown sugar, lemon and herbs that combine for the BEST wings marinade recipe ever! The perfect grilling recipe!
If you are a chicken wing lover, you probably have one or two ways you make or eat them. That’s how we were, but we have branched out and make all the wings.
But when it comes to these Sticky Grilled Chicken Wings we found our favorite. This is one of our go-to recipes that we just can’t get enough of.
The marinade on them creates a sticky sweet sauce that is irresistible and they are grilled, two of my favorite things. When I can grill my wings I’m in Heaven.
I love the flavor of grilled chicken and that is why we absolutely love this Grilled Chicken Wing Recipe. Trust me, once you try them grilled you will understand!
I have a love for grilling all the things so chicken wings are definitely one of those recipes that we have to grill all the time. With the grill marks and the flavor, it is just an all-around great recipe!
Plus the marinade is what really makes these Grilled Chicken Wings what they are, it literally is one of my favorite marinades and finger-licking good, literally.
Some of our other favorite chicken recipes we have on our site include Sticky Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken, Southern Fried Chicken and Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders.
Read more: Top 10+ roast in slow cooker with potatoes
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- With minimal ingredients, these come together quickly.
- You can easily double this recipe to serve a larger crowd.
- You can use whole chicken wings or wingettes for this recipe!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED (FULL RECIPE BELOW):
Chicken wingsLemon juiceLight brown sugarOlive oilGarlicOreganoParsleySaltPepper
HOW TO MAKE STICKY GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS:
- Place the cut chicken wings in a gallon sized plastic bag and set aside.
- Place the lemon juice, brown sugar, olive oil, garlic, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Pour marinade over the wings and make sure they are coated, tossing the bag around. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up to overnight. Try to turn the bag every few hours so the wings marinade evenly, but if you can’t, no big deal.
- Take the wings out of the marinade and place them in a bowl. Add the remaining marinade to a small saucepan or skillet and bring the marinade to a simmer over medium heat, remove for the heat immediately and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Oil the grates and place the wings on the grill. Baste the wings every couple of minutes while the wings cook, especially after turning. Discard marinade and stop basting about half way through.
- Continue cooking until the wings reach an internal temperature of at least 165°F degrees but try not to over cook too much, about 20 minutes total. Really try and get a good char on the outside. If you see some of the wings are not charring, but they are almost cooked through, place them over a hotter part of the grill to finish. This is where the most flavor comes from. Serve and enjoy.
These are seriously so easy and the marinade really just gets better as it sits, so I suggest to marinade as long as possible to let those flavors marry.
That way you will get the best flavor from the chicken and marinade together to create one of the best Grilled Chicken Wings Recipes ever.
IS IT SAFE TO BASTE WHILE GRILLING?
Now, I have mentioned before that I will baste with a marinade while grilling. You will normally see this is a big no-no, especially when it involves raw chicken.
However, I do this all the time and the trick is basting at the beginning of cooking and then stopping about halfway through the cooking process. That way, whatever marinade is on the outside of the item will cook thoroughly.
DO NOT continue to baste with this marinade the whole time or use it as a sauce at the end. If you want to feel safer, boil the marinade and then baste. But I strongly suggest basting these wings, it amps up the flavor and helps get that sticky, caramelize-y outside on the wings, yum!
CAN I USE OTHER CUTS OF CHICKEN FOR THIS?
We have used this marinade for various cuts of chicken! You will want to keep it pound for pound but other cuts we have tried are chicken breasts, thighs, and even just chicken drumsticks.
The cooking time for other cuts will be different when it comes to grilling but just make sure that your internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
HOW TO STORE:
These Sticky Grilled Chicken Wings can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
To reheat we like to do this in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place your wings on a baking sheet in a single layer, place in the oven and cook for 10-20 minutes until internal temp reaches 165 degrees F.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- The longer you marinate these the better! The flavors get better the longer they sit.
- You can make these on a grill pan or on a grill themselves.
- You can use other cuts of meat with this marinade, see my notes above.
- We do baste this while we grill them which some disagree with, see my tips above on how to make it safer.
- You can use whole chicken wings cut up or drummettes which are already cut up drumettes and wings.
If you want a delicious chicken recipe that can be a great appetizer or meal then you have to try my Sticky Grilled Chicken Wings ASAP!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
- Grilled Key Lime Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Drunken BBQ Chicken Wings
- All-Purpose Pesto Chicken Marinade
If you’ve tried these STICKY GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS let me know in the comments how it turned out! You can follow me over on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK to find some more of our mouthwatering recipes!
For more information please see the list of Marinade for chicken wings on the grill