This Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is light, refreshing, and made with simple ingredients like vanilla soy milk, strawberries, honey, and bananas. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a post-workout snack!
Want more smoothie recipes? Try my Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie, Healthy Berry Yogurt Smoothie, and my Berry Spinach Smoothie!
Reading: strawberry and banana smoothies
Homemade Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I love a good smoothie! They’re refreshing and a great snack or breakfast on the go. But hitting up your favorite smoothie shop each week can get expensive. That’s why I love making my smoothies at home. They’re so simple, and with a little planning can be an easy addition to your daily routine.
Read more: How to dilute tea tree oil with coconut oil
Homemade smoothies are also a great way to use up any extra produce you have on hand — that bunch of frozen, overripe bananas you’ve been hoarding for way too long. (No judgement; I do the same thing!) And making your smoothie at home allows you to better control the amount of sugar in it. It’s easy to think you’re making a healthy choice when you purchase a smoothie at a restaurant. However, I’ve been shocked to see the amount of calories I was taking in with what I thought was a healthy snack.
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is made with no added sweeteners. Just the sweetness from the strawberries, bananas, and soy milk!
- Strawberries: I love the combo of strawberries and bananas and the way it turns the smoothie slightly pink, but you can use any frozen berries or even a mix.
- Banana: I like using frozen bananas in this smoothie. It keeps the smoothie extra thick, and it’s the perfect excuse to use up all those overripe bananas on your counter or in your freezer! If you do not like banana, then I would suggest substituting the banana with greek yogurt.
- Soy Milk: Almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, or regular milk can be substituted. I like the vanilla variety, but you can just use regular or plain.
- Ice: Filtered and crushed, if possible, to reduce chances for chunks, but any ice will do. For a thicker less drinkable smoothie omit the ice.
How To Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
To make the Strawberry Banana Smoothie, simply add all of the ingredients to a blender, pulse, stir, and blend again. Pour into a tall glass, and enjoy!
Read more: how to make stem tea with milk
- Want some protein? Add some plain Greek yogurt, raw nuts (like almonds or walnuts), or flax/chia seeds. You could even add a scoop of your favorite protein powder!
- Incorporate some raw veggies! Spinach is easily hidden in this smoothie, but broccoli, celery, or carrots would be good, too!
- Add some more fruit! Apples, more frozen berries, or kiwi would be great here.
- Add a splash of pure vanilla extract for added flavor!
Storage and Freezing Instructions
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is best enjoyed fresh, but you can store leftovers in the fridge for a couple hours if needed. You can also freeze this prepared smoothie in an ice cube tray or freezer-safe container. Just re-blend it before enjoying later.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes To Enjoy!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Healthy Berry Yogurt Smoothie
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Healthy Baked Oatmeal
- Berry Spinach Smoothie
- Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
Need more quick & easy recipes in your life? Subscribe to my weekly newsletter or follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for all the daily updates.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Read more: How to decorate a tray for a coffee table