Sharing is caring!
Strawberry Feta Salad is a beautiful flavour combination, this wonderful salad is super simple to make and perfect for serving throughout summer.
We just love strawberry season and can’t get enough of plump juicy sweet strawberries.
Strawberry Feta Salad is a delicious light summer recipe and a really tasty way to include strawberries in a savoury dish. It’s just the sweetest summer salad you’ll ever try!
The sharp peppery flavour of rocket and watercress in the salad makes the strawberries taste even sweeter. And the feta cheese adds a tangy salty flavoursome bite.
This is a totally gorgeous summer salad and one I just love to make mainly because it just looks so pretty on the table!
Strawberry Feta Salad Ingredients
- 150g bag of mixed salad leaves – choose a salad mix with rocket, watercress and spinach – it’s just perfect with strawberries and adds an extra tasty contrast to your salad.
- 200g strawberries – pick big juicy, ripe berries and sliced them into quarters. It’s fantastic to make this salad in late spring and early summer when strawberries are at their juicy best.
- 60g feta cheese – just roughly crumbled. You can also make this salad with a mild blue cheese or even soft goats cheese just scooped onto the salad leaves.
- 1 tbs olive oil – choose a nice fruity bottle
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar – if you can get your hands on a bottle of strawberry infused Balsamic then it works fantastically with this salad.
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to season
Equipment Needed To Make This Salad Recipe
- Chopping board
- Vegetable knife
- Salad platter
- Small bowl
How To Make Strawberry Feta Salad
- Firstly take a large serving platter – a large plate or a bowl will be just fine.
- Next scatter over the salad leaves – making sure there’s a good mix of leaves well distributed over the platter. I also like to scatter over a little torn Basil too, it just tastes perfect with the strawberries.
Get more tasty feta recipes here
- Next scatter over the strawberry quarters – mingling them in with the salad leaves.
- Then simply crumble over the feta cheese – or if you’re using soft goats cheese or blue cheese, add this now – you could always use a combination if you like.
- Next mix up a simple strawberry salad dressing – add the olive oil and the Balsamic vinegar to a cup or small bottle.
- Season with a little sea salt and cracked black pepper– and whisk well with a fork (cover the lid and shake if using a bottle)
- Just before serving – drizzle the dressing over the salad and eat.
Love strawberries and feta? Try our whipped feta dip here
Tips For Making The Salad Ahead Of Time
- Make the dressing up to 3 days ahead and keep in a covered container or little glass bottle with a stopper in the refrigerator. Give it a shake to blend before adding the dressing to the salad.
- To make the strawberry salad ahead of time, you can assemble the undressed salad in your serving bowl and keep it covered. It will keep up to 5-6 hours in the refrigerator.
- To keep your salad tasting and looking it’s best, dress the salad shortly before serving so it doesn’t wilt the greens.
Make Strawberry Salad Your Way…
- You could easily use raspberries in place of strawberries they work really well flavour wise with the feta cheese.
- If you like your salad with spice then simply add a touch of heat with a pinch of chilli flakes or even some freshly chopped chillies. I love candied jalapeños for adding a kick to this recipe.
- When I add chillies to this I blister the skins first on the hob. Then pop them into a small bowl covered in clingfilm and leave them to steam. Next, scrape the skins and chop the chilli flesh. It’s delicious!
- It’s really easy to switch the watercress and rocket salad for baby leaf salad or a Bistro mix with raw shredded beets.
Salad toppings that go really well with this summery strawberry salad
Sometimes salad is nice with added crunch and interest so feel free to add a few salad toppings – toppings that you could try that work well with this salad are…
- pan toasted pine nuts
- roughly chopped walnuts
- crunchy little homemade croutons
What To Serve With Strawberry And Feta Salad
Our salad is perfect as a light easy lunch, served with some crusty bread and a glass of something sparkling.
However, it also tastes great alongside grilled chicken or salmon.
Get loads of lunch recipes and ideas here
Love Feta Salad? Try these delicious feta salad recipes
Try our strawberry lemonade recipe here
Get all our delicious vegetarian recipes here
- Roast Vegetable and Feta Salad – a delicious combination of roast veggies, tossed with feta cheese and served on a bed of salad leaves.
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad – the perfect summer pasta salad – all the taste of a traditional Greek salad feta, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and black olives with a lovely carb-y pasta fix.
- Greek Potato Salad – the perfect potato salad for serving with BBQ food or picnics.
- Courgette and Feta Salad – warm slices of chargrilled courgette served with feta cheese and a sprinkling of chilli and herbs.
- Broad Bean Salad – delicious double podded broad beans with feta cheese and rocket – simple and delicious.
- Watermelon and Feta Salad – a tasty summery salad with juicy watermelon chunks and tangy feta cheese.
You might just LOVE our fruit platter – perfect for serving at parties, picnics, brunch or just as a healthy family dessert recipe.
Need Some Family Meal Ideas?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
Get lots of fresh and healthy salad recipes here
Save our Strawberry and Feta Salad on Pinterest for later!
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Hey! – We hope you enjoy the recipe and when you make it don’t forget to tag us your creations on Twitter @daisiesandpieUK or Instagram @daisiesandpie
Get more delicious meal ideas and easy recipes here
For more information please see the list of Salad with feta and strawberries