Start your day off right with this creamy strawberry smoothie recipe! So easy and delicious made with milk, vanilla frozen yogurt, and a combination of fresh and frozen fruit. Great summer drink for breakfast or anytime!
Smoothies are such a great invention – their ease, versatility, and deliciousness! Most of them can be made with only a few simple ingredients and in under 5 minutes. Pretty much anything goes…I mean, it’s pretty difficult to screw one up. Too thick, add more liquid. Too loose, add more fruit or ice. Awesome for breakfast, lunch, or even dessert. And certainly perfect for summer time!
Reading: strawberry smoothies with milk
Read more: How to Meal Prep Smoothies
I make this Strawberry Smoothie all the time. Definitely a favorite, especially for my son who has been a strawberry fiend since toddlerhood – now many years later and still loves his strawberries!
Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
This smoothie is creamy, luscious, and dessert-like, but is actually healthy and perfect for breakfast. And only 4 ingredients are needed to make it. So simple. So good!(Scroll below to the printable recipe card with details and measurements.)
- Low-fat milk (2%)
- Low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Fresh strawberries
- Frozen raspberries
- Use different fruit: Replace the raspberries with blueberries or banana slices, or use a combo of both!
- Add some ice: The frozen raspberries take the place of ice, but if using all fresh fruit, you could include a couple cubes of ice to make it thicker, more frothy, and colder.
- Lower the calories: Swap out the low fat milk for skim milk or almond milk. (Keeping in mind the consistency will be thinner.)
- Make it a dessert milkshake: Use vanilla ice cream instead of frozen yogurt.
How To Make a Strawberry Smoothie
Read more: Best Milk Alternatives for Tea
Like most smoothies, you place all the ingredients in a blender, put the lid on, and blend until smooth and your desired consistency is reached. We recommend putting the liquids in first and the ice last (or in this case, the frozen raspberries, which takes the place of ice.) Pour into tall glasses and enjoy with a straw. Garnish with a fresh strawberry, if desired.
So go get out your blender, whip this up, and start your day off right!
Other Smoothie Recipes We Love!
- Orange Julius
- Banana Smoothie
- Pineapple Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie
I hope you love this delicious and simple recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!