Orange Juice recipe – a freshly prepared orange juice sweetened with honey. You could use any juicy oranges for this recipe. I have used kinnow oranges which is very juicy and fleshy but you could use any type of orange.
It’s great to kick start your day with a healthy breakfast, orange juice and some dry fruits. I could have orange juice any time of the day as it revitalizes and instantly energizes you. My personal favorite is watermelon juice, orange juice and litchi juice.
We prefer to make fresh fruit juices at home then buy the canned juice packs from stores. As lot of sugar goes in the canned juice which isn’t great for your body. Just bear in mind whenever you make any fruit juice have them at the earliest or then they start fermenting which is again not good.
Oranges have vitamin C and loads of benefits, so it becomes an ideal to drink to have in summer or any season. Just add some ice and mint leaves for garnish to further spruce up the drink. I have already posted orange basil juice recipe on the food blog.
Before I forget let me share this tip which my sister had shared with me. Drizzling some honey over fruits reduces the acidic content in them. So I always add some honey over fruit salad or fruit juices. Honey is a great replacement for sugar and also well know for it’s ayurveda properties.
Orange Juice recipe card below:
Let’s make orange juice recipe step by step:
- Rinse the oranges under water. Wipe them with a cloth or napkin.
2. Peel the oranges and slice them into four parts.
3. Place the sliced oranges into the grinder or juicer.
4. Drizzle some honey or add sugar and also add few ice cubes.
5. Grind until they become juicy. I don’t have a pic for this step.
6. Sieve the juice over a mesh strainer. Collect the juice in a vessel.
7. Pour the collected orange juice into tall glasses. Serve the orange juice chilled and garnish with mint leaves.
If you are looking for more such recipes then do check mango mastani, mango milkshake, orange basil juice, grapes juice, mango iced tea, lemon iced tea, watermelon iced tea, tender coconut smoothie and mango lassi.