If you have ever woken up after a night of drinking with a terrible hangover you know the feeling of hangover symptoms. A pounding headache, nausea and an upset stomach, muscle aches, exhaustion, and that’s just to name a few. Most people go to grab a greasy slice of pizza, but did you know that there are some foods that are scientifically proven to help your symptoms subside? Read on to learn more.
Hangovers are dreaded after a night of fun and people have been coming up with their own “cures” for centuries. Though no food will magically cure a hangover, there are certain foods that are better than others to help make your body feel normal again.
Reading: Best food for hangover nausea
Best Food for a Hangover
- Eggs. Eggs are great for a hangover because they have a lot of amino acids like taurine which helps your live function better and cysteine which aids your body in the breakdown of acetaldehyde which is what causes those horrible headaches.
- Bananas. Bananas are full of potassium which is something your body will be lacking after frequent urination and they also have a lot of vitamin B6 which is proven to help reduce hangover symptoms.
- Ginger. Ginger has a long history of curing many stomach problems including morning sickness and nausea. The best way to consume ginger is to buy a raw ginger root, cut it up, pour it in boiling water and let it cook for about 5 minutes, and enjoy.
- Greek Yogurt. Since alcohol causes dehydration it makes it hard for the body to balance and maintain blood sugar and the yogurt has both protein and carbs which will help the body’s blood sugar. You can also top with a banana for extra hangover help.
Worst Foods for a Hangover
- Greasy Foods. Although this is a popular hangover cure, grabbing something greasy can actually do more harm than good for your hangover because fried foods irritate the stomach.
- A Drink. Most people will wash away their hangover with a bloody Mary, Irish coffee, or a mimosa. But while this may help you in the moment, it is going to further dehydrate the body and leave you with worse hangover symptoms later in the day.
- Too Much Coffee. Having a cup or two of coffee won’t hurt you, but having too much coffee will make your body more dehydrated. After your cup or two of coffee make sure to drink at least that amount in water to make sure your body is starting to hydrate itself and relieve itself of the hangover.
Instant Hangover Relief
If you need instant hangover relief, come to IV League. We help your body instantly feel better from even the worst hangover symptoms because we will intravenously deliver liquids to your body that it desperately needs. Our services include IV hydration therapy to give you exactly what you need. To schedule an appointment at our store in South Boston, MA or for one of our nurses to come to you, you can contact us online or call us directly at 1 (800) 905-4252.
Through this article, we hope to help you understand Best food for hangover nausea