This spring mix salad is made with a combination of fruit, vegetables, cheese, and sesame roasted cashews. It is topped with a simple dressing and you can serve it with your favorite lunch or dinner recipes.
The Best Spring Mix Salad
Looking for a salad recipe that uses your favorite spring mix? This spring mix salad is the perfect combination of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and cheese.
We have so many salad recipes on Fit Foodie Finds and one rule of thumb we always follow is remember to always have a mix of textures, flavors, and ingredients!
Ingredients in this Salad
Here is everything you need to mix up this fresh and crunchy spring mix salad.
- Cashews- you are going to make the most delicious sesame roasted cashews for this recipe. Be sure you buy raw cashes!
- Maple syrup– the sesame roasted cashews are tossed with maple syrup
- Sesame seeds– you add an extra crunch to your roasted cashews by tossing them in sesame seeds.
- White wine vinegar– we kept the dressing super simple for this salad. white wine vinegar adds just the right tartness.
- Honey– the natural sweetener in the dressing is honey!
- Salt + Pepper– season the cashews, salad, and dressing with salt and pepper!
- English cucumbers– adding some more crunch to this spring mix salad with english cucumbers!
- Spring mix lettuce- use your favorite homegrown or store bough spring mix as the base for this salad.
- Blueberries + Strawberries- there is nothing like fresh fruit in a vegetable salad. It adds just the right amount of sweetness.
- Red onion– add a little bite to your spring mix salad with finely diced red onion.
- Feta crumbles– adding a bit of crumbled feta to this salad adds the perfect amount of saltiness.
- Olive oil– the oil we use for the dressing is olive oil! It adds great flavor to any salad.
- Lemon zest– brighten up any salad with lemon zest.
Sesame Roasted Cashews
These Maple Sesame Roasted Cashews are an easy at-home version that you can make in your own kitchen but made with no added sugar or additives. Here’s why you need to make these:
- 4-Ingredients: you only need 4 basic ingredients to get started.
- Ready in 30 Minutes: roasted cashews ready in no time!
- Vegan & Gluten-Free: these nuts are both naturally gluten-free and vegan.
- Versatile: whether you’re eating these as a snack, gifting them to a friend or family, or topping them on a salad, this roasted cashews recipe is so versatile.
When you make these cashews for this spring mix salad, you will have leftovers so be sure to store them in an air tight container so they stay crunchy.
All About the Dressing
The dressing for this salad is a simple mixture of white wine vinegar, honey, salt, and lemon zest. With all of the different ingredients and flavors a simple dressing is perfect.
If you are looking for a more dressing options check out any of these dressing recipes and choose your own adventure.
How to Make a Spring Mix Salad
- Prepare the cashews. The roasted cashews in this recipe take the longest (9 minutes) so be sure to follow the recipe in the recipe card for how to roast them to perfection.
- Chop the vegetables + fruit. Prepare the cucumber, red onion, strawberries, and blueberries and toss them in bowl with a spring mix salad.
- Whisk the dressing. Whisk together the vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper until the honey dissolves.
- Assemble the salad. Drizzle the dressing over all the salad ingredients and top the salad with the cashews, feta, and lemon zest.
What to Serve with Spring Mix Salad
You can eat this spring mix salad by itself for a simple lunch, add some chicken breast for protein, or serve it along side one of the main dishes below.
Simple Ground Chicken Burgers- If you are looking for a staple chicken burger recipe, this is it! These ground chicken burgers are so flavorful and moist and topped with our secret burger sauce.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken- No matter the time of year BBQ Pulled Chicken is the way to go for any gathering. So, take out that crock pot, and let’s make the easiest Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken recipe of all time.
Grilled Steak- Get tender, juicy, perfectly grilled steak with this “how to grill steak” post. We’ll give you the best tips and tricks for grilling steak like a professional.
If you are not serving this salad immediately we suggest waiting to add the dressing to the salad until right before serving. Store the salad ingredients in an air tight container in the refrigerator separate from the dressing.
Through this article, we hope to help you understand Salad recipes with spring mix