This Three Bean Salad is so flavorful. It makes a great side dish or topping, but can also be a healthy protein-packed snack, too.
Three Bean Salad is such an easy dish to make. With onion, celery, and parsley mixed with the three different beans, your salad is full of protein and fiber and has a delightful mix of textures. And the dressing really ups the flavor, with oil, vinegar, garlic, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper.
Reading: Recipe for three bean salad
This is a healthy side dish to add to your main meal, or it can be used as a topping. It’s also very healthy, making it a great choice for a quick lunch. The beans will keep you fuller longer than other carb-filled meals because of all the fiber they contain. Plus, with all the different colors, it’s just plain pretty. Now, let’s see how to make it…
Beans. You can use whichever beans you prefer, but I like kidney, cannellini, and black beans for this recipe.
Onion and Celery. These add a nice crunch and a pop of flavor.
Parsley. If you don’t have any, you can use cilantro instead.
Dressing. Simple, but tasty, it’s made with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, cumin, salt, and a pinch of cayenne.
How to Make Three Bean Salad
1. Prep the veggies and beans. Dice the celery, onions, and parsley. Set aside. Thoroughly rinse the three beans and also set them aside.
2. Make the dressing. Add the olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, cumin, salt, and a pinch of cayenne to a small mason jar and shake well until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Make the Salad. Place all three beans into a large bowl. Then, add the chopped celery, onions, and parsley. Pour the dressing on top and mix well until everything is coated in the dressing.
What Other Kinds of Beans Can Be Used in Three Bean Salad?
This salad is very versatile and you can use any combination of beans that you like. Some other options are cooked green beans or chickpeas. For a more low-carb, keto-friendly option, you can try black soybeans and lima beans.
Read more: Top 5 what’s in a caprese salad
You can use either canned or homecooked beans, but their flavor and texture is more within your control if you use dried beans that you cook yourself. When you cook your beans, you can decide on how soft or firm you want them to be, as well as how salty. Some people also say that canned beans have a bit of a metallic taste.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- To keep your onion from having too pungent a flavor that takes over the salad, soak the onion in water first to get a milder flavor.
- To increase the veggies in your dish, add fresh cucumbers, carrots, or tomatoes as a variation.
- Add extra fresh herbs for even more flavor, such as rosemary, mint, or basil.
- Always rinse your beans thoroughly to get rid of any sliminess that may result from the cooking or canning process.
- If you’re cooking your beans, make sure they are thoroughly cooled before mixing the salad together, or some of your other ingredients may be affected by the heat.
How to Store this Salad
The best way to store this Three Bean Salad is by placing it in an airtight container and then keeping it in the fridge. It will last for 3-5 days, though the longer it sits, the less firm the vegetables and beans will be.
How to Serve this Salad
Three Bean Salad is perfect for potlucks. You can also use it as a side for your other dishes or as a topping for tacos, burrito bowls, etc. It tastes and looks amazing, so don’t be shy about putting it out on your table for family and friends to enjoy.
One of the best things about this Three Bean Salad is that it is a healthy, filling option for a meal that’s pleasing to the palate as well as easy on the eyes. You can whip it up in minutes and have something lovely to offer guests. It also makes a great lunch for work or home. You’ll love the way the flavors and textures come together, so give it a try!
This Three Bean Salad is…
Vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, allergy-friendly, and gluten-free.
More tasty recipes to try:
Read more: how to cut romaine lettuce for ceasar salad
- Ultimate Vegetable Stew
- Curried Couscous Salad
- Chickpea Carrot Salad Sandwich
- Cabbage Salad with Corn
Through this article, we hope to help you understand Recipe for three bean salad