tomato sauce recipe | tomato ketchup recipe | homemade tomato sauce with step by step photo and video recipe. a tangy, sweet, tomato based condiment which is basically served as accompaniment with either snacks, starters or appetizers. this home-made no preservative ketchup sauce recipe would not only loved by kids, even adults would enjoy with favourite snacks. tomato sauce recipe | tomato ketchup recipe | homemade tomato sauce with detailed photo and video recipe. it is also known as table sauce or tangy sauce as it is primarily prepared from ripe and juicy tomatoes with vinegar as a preservative agent. optional seasoning’s or herbs can be added to achieve a flavourful tomato ketchup recipe. it can be easily served with french fries, potato chips, veg burger, pakora recipes.
this recipe is shared by one of my readers from sydney, australia. her name is sushma kapoor and she has shared several recipes. this is the first recipe i am trying out of it. moreover i was getting several request for a home-made tomato sauce and sushma recipe was right on time. further the timing was so perfect, i had some ripe tomatoes and initially i thought to prepare pasta sauce or pizza sauce from it. but later when i saw this recipe, it was my first choice and the tomato ketchup was so better than store bought. many many thanks to sushma kapoor.
furthermore, some tips and suggestions for a perfect tangy and rich tomato ketchup recipe. firstly, always use a ripe red tomatoes for this recipe to get nice texture, flavour and taste. secondly never forget to add vinegar and sugar while simmering tomato pulp. vinegar acts as a preservative and sugar helps to suppress the tangy flavour and introduces sweet and tangy taste. lastly, add finely chopped ¼ cup of onions and garlic while simmering to have onion garlic flavoured tomato sauce recipe.
finally i do request you to check my other indian chutney recipes collection from my blog. especially, eggless mayo, tomato chutney, onion tomato chutney, green chutney, red chutney, tamarind chutney, capsicum chutney and coconut chutney recipe. also i request you to check my other recipes collection board like,
- starters or entree recipes collection
- rasam recipes collection
- sambar recipes collection
tomato sauce or tomato ketchup video recipe:
recipe card for tomato ketchup:
how to make tomato sauce with step by step photos:
- firstly, blanch the tomatoes in enough water. take well ripped tomatoes.
- further cover and boil for 3 minutes or till the skin of tomatoes starts to separate.
- cool down the tomatoes completely, and transfer to the blender.
- puree the tomatoes without adding any water.
- using a filter, extract the tomato puree separating seeds and skin of tomatoes.
- further, stir and mix well.
- boil the mixture well.
- make sure to stir occasionally, to prevent from burning.
- further continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- add in ½ tsp chili powder, 3 tbsp sugar and salt to taste.
- keep stirring till the tomato puree thickens.
- also cook the mixture till the water is evaporated completely, and turns thick.
- and in 3 tbsp vinegar, as they act as preservative.
- mix well and check for seasoning.
- finally, transfer the tomato sauce or tomato ketchup once cooled completely and serve with french fries.
- firstly, use well ripped tomatoes to get nice colour to tomato sauce.
- also, add onions and garlic for more flavours.
- additionally, increase the amount of sugar to balance the tanginess of tomato.
- finally, tomato sauce or tomato ketchup taste great when prepared in large quantity.