If you are looking for the top-rated griddle pan for your specific kitchen, there are many things that you may be looking for. Your list of griddle features you’d like to be included may be different than someone else’s. But here are the most common features that you can look for to help you determine which griddle pan is perfect for you.
Griddle Pan Material
There are three commonly used materials for making griddle pans.
Reading: Best griddle pan for pancakes
You come across two different types of copper griddle pans.
- One that is entirely made of copper
- One that has the inner part made of copper but the rest of the pan is made from stainless steel or another metal
II. Cast Iron
Cast iron griddle pans have the power to add a smokier and grilled taste to whatever you make.
Some of the key benefits of cast iron include the following:
- Even Cooking: Cast iron pans are considered as precision cookware by professional chefs because they are effective and efficient in conducting and retaining heat consistently.
- Non-stick: After some time of usage and “seasoning”, cast iron develops a non-stick surface.
- Versatility: You can use cast iron griddle pans for preparing way more items than pancakes.
- Longer Life Cycle: High-quality cast iron griddle pans are among the top griddle pan because they can last a lifetime when maintained well.
Read more: Best food for german shorthaired pointer
Also Read: Best Electric Skillet for Frying Chicken
III. Cast Aluminum
When choosing the ideal griddle pan for preparing your favorite pancakes, you should also consider grills made of cast aluminum. I recommend hard-anodized, cast aluminum grills because they are more stringent and don’t run the risk of leaching.
Some of the benefits include:
- Faster preparation
- The metal is dishwasher safe and may also be left to soak in the sink
- Heat conduction is better than stainless steel
- Highly durable & resists scratching
- Perfect for moderate to low heat purposes
IV. Stainless Steel
Stainless steel can also be an excellent material for griddle. Some of the main benefits of choosing a pan made of stainless steel include:
- Ease of cleaning and maintenance
- Will not interfere with the food’s flavor
- Terrific heat conduction
- Lighter weight and more convenient handling
- Sleek and versatile design
Once cooled down, you can easily wash the pan with a cleaning pad. Stainless steel pans certainly offer better, even heating and also tend to heat up faster. The lighter weight makes it much more convenient especially when preparing more pancakes for a large group. The sleek design means that it can blend into almost any kitchen style.
Also read: How to Make a Cookie Cake With Cookie Mix
Read more: The Best Beer Fridges – LifeSavvy
Once you have determined which material makes the perfect griddle pan for you, the next thing to consider is the size. A lot of this will depend on the number of people you typically cook for. If you’re just making pancakes for yourself, you probably won’t need a monster griddle pan. But if you’re making pancakes for a large party on a regular basis, you may want to consider more cooking surface for your meals. Another factor to consider when choosing the size of the griddle you want to go with it the type and size of burner you have to determine the right size of the pan. Some griddles stretch across multiple burners while still providing even heat distribution, while others are better suited for single burners.
Some features can give an edge to one griddle pan over another one. Some of these features include:
- Anti-stick material
- Anti-corroding properties
- Safe and easy-to-use handle
You would also want to have a pan that is dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
Read More: Best Mandoline Slicer for Sweet Potatoes
Read more: Best Vitamix blender for home use
For more information please see the list of Best griddle pan for pancakes