Home » Breakfast » Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
Breakfast Smoothies are an easy way to enjoy a healthy breakfast on busy mornings. These healthy smoothie recipes provide filling fiber and protein to give you energy all morning!
These breakfast smoothie recipes are perfect for busy mornings. You can sip on a smoothie as you get ready for work or get the kids ready for school.
Most of these recipes are kid-friendly. My kids love it when I tell them they can have a smoothie for breakfast! It’s an easy way to get plenty of fruits and/or veggies in their bodies at the beginning of the day. Many of these smoothie recipes also have oats, too, which makes them super filling.
In this post you’ll find smoothie recipes for every time of year, from healthy fruit smoothie recipes to fall pumpkin to year-round green smoothies. Drinking a smoothie for breakfast can give you a burst of energy in the morning and helps you to start your day on a healthy note.
Jump to the Smoothies
Healthy Smoothie Ingredients
- Fresh or Frozen Fruit: You can use a combination of frozen and fresh fruits in your smoothies. The frozen fruit helps the smoothie to blend up thick and creamy. I like to freeze extra ripe bananas, peeled and cut into smaller pieces, so they are always ready for adding to smoothies. Ice dilutes the flavor of a smoothie so use frozen fruit instead.
- Vegetables: Veggies are nutrient powerhouses and working them into your morning smoothies is a great way to start your day off on a healthy note. Spinach, kale and other greens blend up well in smoothies. You can add frozen cauliflower to a smoothie and not even taste it. If you have a high powered blender, try adding carrots to your morning smoothie for a healthy dose of sweetness.
- Avocado: Have you ever tried an avocado smoothie? Avocado adds healthy fats to a smoothie, it blends up smooth, and you don’t taste the avocado (as long as you don’t add too much).
- Oatmeal: Adding old-fashioned oats is an easy way to take any smoothie and turn it into a breakfast smoothie. You can add raw oats (be sure to use old fashioned, or rolled, oats) to your blender along with the rest of the smoothie ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Greek Yogurt: Unless you need a dairy-free smoothie, plain Greek yogurt is a great way to add protein to your smoothie. Yogurt also makes smoothies creamy.
- Nut Butters: I love adding a scoop of almond butter or peanut butter to my smoothies. Nut butters provide healthy fats and protein, which give your smoothie staying power so you’re not hungry again right away.
- Seeds: Flax seeds, chia seeds and hemp seeds can all add fiber and nutrition to your smoothies.
- Liquid: You need to add a liquid ingredient to your smoothie to help it blend well. There are many options, from plain water to coconut water, milk, almond milk or other nut-based milks, coconut milk, oat milk and juice. I try not to use juice because it can add too much sugar to a smoothie, especially if you are also adding fruit.
- Flavor Boosters: A pinch of cinnamon or a few drops of vanilla extract can really boost the flavor of a smoothie!
How to Make a Smoothie
Smoothies are perfect for quick breakfasts and healthy snacks because they are so quick and easy to make! You just add all of the smoothie ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. A high-powered blender, such as a Vitamix, isn’t necessary, but if you plan to make smoothies often I think it’s a worthwhile investment.
Best Breakfast Smoothies
Below you’ll find easy smoothie recipes in each of these categories. Click on the links to go straight to the smoothies in that category.
- Oatmeal Smoothies
- Green Smoothies
- Fruit Smoothies
- Banana Smoothies
- Breakfast Shakes
Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
Metabolism Boosting Smoothie from The Recipe Rebel
Green Monster Smoothie
Tropical Green Chia Seed Smoothie
Spinach & Apple Detox Smoothie from Life is But a Dish
Immunity Boosting Orange Smoothie
Raspberry Peach Smoothie
Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie from Sweet Peas and Saffron
Mango Avocado Smoothie from Meaningful Eats
Raspberry Peanut Butter Smoothie from The Food Charlatan
Beet Berry Apple Smoothie from The Roasted Root
Tropical Pineapple Carrot Smoothie from Peas and Crayons
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Raspberry Banana Smoothie from Live Well Bake Often
Banana & Honey Oat Breakfast Smoothie from A Healthy Slice of Life
Chocolate Protein Smoothie (tastes like a chocolate breakfast shake!)
Loaded Coffee Smoothie from Amanda’s Cookin’
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine’s Kitchen!