- Welcome To Healthy, Vegetarian Cooking!
- Easy & Healthy Vegetarian Recipe Favorites
- Protein-Packed Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
- The Best Sautéed And Roasted Vegetables
- Veggie-Heavy Salads That Are Anything But Boring
- Creamy, Colorful Vegetarian Soups
- Best Breakfast Vegetarian Recipes
- Don’t Forget To Master These Vegetarian Recipe Basics
- The Very Best Vegetarian Dips And Spreads
- Need Vegetarian Snacks Ideas?
70+ Best Easy Vegetarian Recipes
Need a little healthy meal inspiration? I’ve got you covered with this roundup of easy, and super satisfying vegetarian recipes! From comforting soups to veggie fritters to plant-based flatbreads, you’re bound to love many of these tasty ideas.
Welcome To Healthy, Vegetarian Cooking!
Have you been trying to eat less meat throughout the week? Or find new, exciting ways to cook with vegetables and fruits? First, let me say “good on ya!” It’s always a smart idea to incorporate more plant-based foods, whether you’re a vegetarian or omnivore. But if you’re new to vegetarian cooking, here’s a few things to keep in mind that will make the transition a whole lot easier.
- Replace meat with your favorite vegetables. Whether it’s a stew, taco, or grain bowl, vegetables can easily substitute meat in your favorite recipes. Think cauliflower, sweet potato, tofu, broccoli, or chickpeas. Just head over to the produce section and you’ll find a plethora of hearty, colorful vegetables that are just as filling.
- Get your protein fix with delicious plant-based ingredients. You’d be surprised how many plant-based ingredients have just as much protein as meat such as beans, lentils, or even cashews. And let’s not forget that they’re filled with a range of vitamins and minerals. In other words, they’re the best of both worlds.
- Utilize spices and sauces to amp up the flavor! Unique spice blends, fresh herbs, and flavorful sauces can make all the difference – turning a boring recipe into mouth-watering one. And as you cook more vegetarian meals, you’ll learn how to create the best aromatic combinations.
Easy & Healthy Vegetarian Recipe Favorites
To get you started, here’s a few reader favorite vegetarian recipes! They’re flavorful spins on classic dishes, and easy to whip up on busy weekdays – gotta love that!
- Shakshuka: Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, a pan of warm shakshuka never fails! Plus, it only takes 30 minutes to make.
- Zucchini Noodle Caprese: This chilled veggie pasta is filled with fresh caprese flavors, including a homemade basil pesto sauce that will have your taste buds dancing.
- Curried Egg Salad: Honestly, you can’t beat an egg salad for a quick and easy meal. This one’s filled with warm curry spices and tastes amazing straight out of the bowl!
- Avocado Egg Salad: Another crowd favorite is this avocado spin on egg salad. It’s ultra creamy, refreshing, and filled with healthy fats to keep you full.
- Zucchini Fritters: Come zucchini season, these crisp golden patties are a must! And you can freeze an extra batch for later (aka meal prep savior).
- Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh: If you’re looking to sneak in more veggies, this tabbouleh swaps bulgar for cauliflower rice making it gluten-free, light, and fresh.
- Cauliflower Fried Rice: For a healthy Asian flair, this cauliflower fried rice is a delicious low-carb option that can be whipped up fast!
Protein-Packed Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
Looking to get your protein fix without meat? I’m happy to report that there’s tons of plant-based ingredients that are brimming with not just protein, but loads of vitamins and minerals. So next time you’re at the store, stock up on things like chickpeas, lentils, or chia seeds. You’ll be surprised at how much protein these little guys pack!
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad: Chickpeas are tossed with tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, feta, and a sprinkle of parsley. Then drizzled with a zesty lemon vinaigrette for the ultimate vibrant salad.
- Falafel: This is hands down one of my favorite chickpea recipes. Falafel balls are filled with chickpea and herb goodness, with a dash of earthy spices that will take you back to the Middle East.
- Falafel Flatbread: If you love falafels, but want more versatility, this flatbread is for you! Just spread a layer of hummus or tzatziki, then top it with fresh vegetables, toasted, nuts, hard boiled eggs, and so much more.
- Very Best Lentil Soup: Turn your bag of lentils into an insanely comforting soup! All you need to do is simmer them with veggies, roasted tomatoes, and a squeeze of lemon for a touch of brightness.
- Lentil Salad With Cucumber: This easy, throw-together salad puts a refreshing spin on a bowl of lentils. Toss it with cucumbers, red onion, dates, parsley, and my homemade lemon vinaigrette – that’s it!
- Crispy Socca With Pear And Arugula Salad: Another flatbread to enjoy is socca! This one’s nutty, herby and made from chickpea flour that’s rich in protein, fiber, and other healthy nutrients.
The Best Sautéed And Roasted Vegetables
The beauty of vegetables is that a quick roast or sauté is all you need for those succulent flavors and textures to come out. And with some minced garlic, a dash of spices, or a simple sauce, these vegetarian recipes will remind you just how tasty simple veggies can be.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts: When roasted, Brussels sprouts have this irresistible crispiness on the outside, with soft, tender insides. Try them tossed with a sweet balsamic glaze – the results are pretty magical.
- Roasted Broccoli: I guarantee this will be your new favorite way to eat broccoli. The crown becomes extra crisp and the oil, garlic, and lemon combo adds a bright, savory touch.
- Honey Glazed Carrots: The name says it all, especially if you love carrots. All you need to do is toss carrots in a spiced honey glaze, and roast in the oven until beautifully caramelized.
- Sautéed Cabbage: You won’t believe how sweet and flavorful cabbage leaves get when sautéed with ghee, garlic, and onions.
- Garlic Sautéed Spinach: In just 10 minutes, you’ll have delicious, garlicky leafy greens. Eat these as a side or sneak them into a variety of recipes!
- Baked Sweet Potato: A simple process of washing, poking, and baking creates perfectly cooked sweet potatoes! Best of all? You can eat one as a side or stuff it with extra veggies for a meal in itself.
- Garlic Ginger Bok Choy: With the help of garlic and ginger, you’ll have a tasty bok choy side that will pair perfectly with any Asian meal.
- Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower: Turn your average cauliflower into a deliciously spiced and toasty side with the help of za’atar spices, chopped dates, and fresh herbs.
- Spaghetti Squash, Brussels Sprouts, and Crispy Shallots: Spaghetti squash is truly one of the best winter squashes to cook with. Treat it as a base and pile it up with your other favorite veggies. And don’t forget the crispy shallots – it adds the most delicious crunch.
Veggie-Heavy Salads That Are Anything But Boring
Salads really are one of the best ways to let vegetarian ingredients shine. Just layer leafy greens or other vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds to create the bowl of your dreams. And to keep it interesting, get creative with mixing textures and flavors. Here’s a few ways to do it!
- Israeli Salad: This is one tasty yet simple combo of tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion and fresh herbs.
- Warm Sweet Potato Noodles, Cabbage, and Lentil Salad: Pull out your spiralizer for this wintery salad loaded with veggies and protein. Plus, it’s a fun way to incorporate sweet potatoes into your salad.
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad With Cranberries And Apple: If you love Brussels sprouts, this one’s tossed with the best of sweet fall flavors.
- Grilled Peach And Burrata Salad: Sweet grilled peaches and creamy burrata – it’s the ultimate summer blend!
- Coleslaw: A summertime favorite, this creamy coleslaw is a go-to for barbecues, parties, and potlucks.
- Vinegar Coleslaw: This tangy, no-mayo coleslaw dressed in an apple cider vinaigrette is an easy and fresh addition to any meal.
- Greek Salad: This 6 ingredient salad is a staple. Not just because it’s that good, but because it also holds well in the fridge, making it the perfect meal prep salad.
- Berry Spinach Salad: Come summer, nothing gets better than this berry spinach salad. It’s fresh, easy, and drizzled with a sweet and tangy raspberry vinaigrette.
- Wild Rice And Arugula Salad: Meet the perfect sweet and nutty pairing! A bed of arugula is topped with cucumber, spring onions, mint, cranberries, and wild rice.
- Classic Potato Salad: Need a vegetarian BBQ side? This potato salad is creamy, crunchy, refreshing, and comfort food at it’s best.
Creamy, Colorful Vegetarian Soups
Chunky soups are great, but these velvety smooth ones are so easy to whip up in a blender! Made with a rainbow of delicious root vegetables, these vibrant soups will look stunning on the dinner table.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup: Roasted butternut squash blends into a smoky, sweet, and caramelized soup. It’s utterly delicious, and should always be on your Fall menu.
- Sweet Potato Soup: If you love sweet potato recipes as much as I do, this naturally creamy soup is not one to miss.
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup: It may sound bland, but don’t underestimate it. This is one tasty low-carb soup that’s extra garlicky.
- Beet Soup: What’s not to love about this soup? It’s packed with nutrients, has hints of fresh ginger and garlic, and I mean… look at that gorgeous red hue.
- Carrot Ginger Soup: Carrots and ginger serve as the perfect spicy, sweet, and savory combination.
- Cream Of Celery Soup: Who knew celery soup could be so good? All you need are celery, leek, onions, stock, and coconut milk to make it extra creamy.
Best Breakfast Vegetarian Recipes
Let’s not forget about the most important meal of the day: breakfast! I’ll show you how to get creative with eggs, sneak in more veggies, and turn a humble bowl of oats into an exciting one. And while some vegetarians eat eggs and some don’t…there’s something for everyone on this list!
- Skillet Breakfast Potatoes: These classic home fries turn diced potatoes into the best crisp and golden breakfast side.
- Kale and Butternut Squash Frittata: This hearty frittata makes the most of winter veggies – all in one pan.
- Huevos Rancheros: Spruce up your fried egg with pico de gallo and black beans layered on a crisp tortilla.
- Green Shakshuka: Add extra greens to your morning meal with this healthy green spin on shakshuka! Load up your skillet with Brussels sprouts, spinach, zucchini, and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
- Easy Oatmeal Recipe: A bowl of creamy oatmeal is the perfect option when you need a break from eggs. Plus, you can make it extra fancy with an array of fruits, nuts, seeds – you name it.
- Chia Seed Pudding: These small but mighty seeds are packed with fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Plus, they gel up beautifully into this delicious pudding that can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a snack.
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns: Swap the traditional white potato with sweet potato for crispy hash browns that hit the spot.
- Paleo Porridge With Caramelized Bananas: Turn chopped nuts, dates, and chia seeds into a creamy, grain-free porridge. Oh, and the caramelized bananas will have you swooning.
Don’t Forget To Master These Vegetarian Recipe Basics
Now that you’ve got lots of recipe inspiration whirling in your brain, let’s take a step back and make sure you have the basics down. Whether you need to make batch of zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice, these tutorials will help you make quick, throw-together meals!
- How To Cook Lentils: I’ll show you how to cook lentils properly so you don’t end up with a mushy pot of them!
- How To Cook Spaghetti Squash: Make the best of this winter squash with a simple slice, scoop, and roast process.
- Zucchini Noodles: This is by far one of my favorite spiralized vegetables and works well in a variety of recipes.
- How To Cook Rice: If you don’t have a rice cooker, follow this tutorial for the perfect pot of fluffy rice.
- Cauliflower Rice: Going grain-free? Cauliflower rice or broccoli rice are the perfect substitutes.
- Sweet Potato Toast: Another grain-free option for toast is using roasted sweet potato slices! It’s delicious, easy, and can be meal prepped!
- Dairy-Free Milks: Making your own couldn’t be any easier! Check out my recipes for oat milk, cashew milk, almond milk, or even hemp milk for plant-based options.
The Very Best Vegetarian Dips And Spreads
Aside from the basics above, these dips and spreads are just as important! You can dollop hummus onto a grain bowl, spread vegan tzatziki in a veggie wrap, or dip flax seed crackers into guacamole as a snack. They’re an easy way to amp up flavors, textures, and a little excitement in your meals.
- Best Ever Guacamole: This one’s creamy, chunky, and authentic – basically everything a fab guacamole should be.
- Best Salsa Recipe: A sultry salsa that’s as fresh as they come. And if you want something on the chunkier side, opt for my pico de gallo.
- Avocado Salsa: Think of this as a delicious hybrid between guacamole and salsa! Can’t beat a two-in-one.
- Mango Salsa: Once mango season hits, this recipe is a must. It’s sweet, refreshing, and has a slight spice kick.
- Chia Seed Jam: This lip smackin jam is perfect to layer onto oatmeal, overnight oats, or gluten-free toast.
- Baba Ganoush: This is one delicious way to cook eggplant. After roasting, it blends into the most creamy and smoky dip.
- Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip: A crowd-favorite appetizer that’s a healthier blend of spinach, artichoke hearts, onions, garlic, mayonnaise, and cashew cream!
- Tzatziki: Spread this creamy, cooling cucumber dip onto just about anything for a refreshing bite.
- The Best Hummus Recipe: This classic Mediterranean recipe is filled with chickpea goodness. And if you’re looking to switch up the flavors, try my roasted beet hummus, green goddess hummus, or roasted red pepper hummus!
Need Vegetarian Snacks Ideas?
Last but not least, snacks! The dips above are great for pairing with crisp veggies such as celery, cucumber slices, or red bell peppers. But if you’re in the mood to munch on something crispy, chewy, or nutty – you’re going to love these snacks.
- Zucchini Chips: Get your veggie snack fix with these ultra crisp zucchini chips!
- Apple Chips: For chips with a hint of natural sweetness and a dash of cinnamon.
- Baked Zucchini Fries: While these may not be everyday snacks, when zucchini season is in full swing you must make a batch.
- Kale Chips: I say it’s time to make kale chips cool! They’re so easy to make with a sprinkle of salt and drizzle of olive oil.
- Trail Mix Granola Bars: Mix together your favorite nuts and seeds to create these deliciously chewy granola bars.
- Baked Yuca Fries: Turn cassava into tasty, golden crisp fries! These will pleasantly surprise you. Oh, and don’t forget the cilantro lime mayonnaise dip.
- Baked Plantain Chips: These chips are the perfect combo of sweet and salty flavors – a healthy snack essential.
- No Bake Energy Balls: Need a midday pick me up? These delicious balls filled with healthy fats, fiber, carbs, and protein will come in handy. Switch it up between my mango date energy balls, banana bread energy balls, or matcha pistachio bliss balls.
Want more recipe roundups? Check out my Best Smoothie Recipes and Easy Butternut Squash Recipes.
If you make any of these vegetarian recipes, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.