This Spinach Apple Salad is healthy, plus ready fast in under 15 minutes. This vegetarian salad is packed with apples, feta, walnuts, dried cranberries and red onion for a delicious combo that works great as a main or side dish.
Salads get a bad rap of being boring and bland so often, but in reality they can be so flavorful and delicious! This Spinach Apple Salad with Homemade Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette is simple to make and saves perfectly for an easy lunch or meal prep. Plus, the salad comes together in a breeze with little prep work and ready in under 15 minutes.
This healthy vegetarian spinach apple salad is packed with walnuts, dried cranberries, feta, red onion and apples. I love making this salad as a side for dinner, or bringing it to a holiday party like Thanksgiving or Christmas. I hope you, your family and friends love this healthy and versatile salad recipe.
- Fresh Spinach- You could swap out some of the spinach for arugula, artisan spring mix, or some kale. This is your preference and any lettuce swaps will change the overall flavor.
- A Large Apple- I like using Fuji, Gala, or Pink Lady. Any will do those are just my favorites.
- Feta Cheese- Another fun cheese option would be using goat cheese. Also, you could leave the cheese out or swap in a vegan cheese to make this spinach salad vegan.
- Walnuts- If you aren’t a big walnut fan would could use almonds, or pistachios instead. Just make sure that they do not have shells or any flavoring on them.
- Dried Cranberries- Any dried fruit can work if you cannot find dried cranberries. I also like using dried cherries in this spinach salad recipe.
- Homemade Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing: This is my ultimate go-to dressing for this Apple Spinach Salad and it complements it so well.
Read more: Vegetarian Stuffed Acorn Squash
Why You’ll LOVE This Salad!Ready Fast in Under 15 MinutesVersatile: Works Great as a Side, Main, Holidays, or Meal PrepSuper Simple: Little Prep Work Required & Zero Cooking Required
- First, you will need to prepare your salad ingredients. Start by thoroughly washing your spinach in a salad spinner or colander. Once you have the spinach washed, dab it dry with paper towels and prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Take a red onion and slice it in half, then remove the outside layer. Cut the onion in half width-wise then thinly slice the lengthwise until all of the onion is sliced.
- Cut a large apple into four large chunks. You can either thinly slice the apple or chop it into ½ inch pieces. Personally, I like the chunks because they are easier to eat, but it is up to you.
- Measure out the remaining salad ingredients and add them to a large bowl with the washed/dried spinach leaves.
- Toss the spinach salad until the goodies are all distributed. Serve immediately with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette, or cover and store until ready to serve. This salad recipe will yield 4 side salads or 2 large main dish salads.
Leftover Storage InstructionsThis Spinach Salad can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Personally, I like to leave the Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing separate when storing and add it to the salad right before I’m ready to eat it or serve it. This ensures the spinach does not get mushy in the fridge.
I love that this spinach apple salad is not only easy, but also super versatile. This healthy spinach salad works great as a main dish or as a side. If you go the main dish route this recipe will yield 2 big daddy salads. Alternatively, this salad will yield 4 side salads perfect to pair with another recipe.
Personally, I love pairing a salad with the classic soup or sandwich. Another great option for this spinach salad is to serve it as a side for a holiday dinner or brunch like Thanksgiving, Easter or Christmas.
If you need some great recipe pairing ideas check these recipes out.
- Grilled Goat Cheese Sandwich
- Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
- Crockpot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- Vegan Black Bean Soup
- Caprese Avocado Toast
- Herb Butter Roasted Turkey
Helpful Kitchen ToolsA Large Bowl- This is to combine all your spinach salad ingredients together. If you are making this ahead of time for a party or holiday, a large bowl with a lid works great for storage and transport. A Colander or Salad Spinner- This is to make sure your spinach is nice and clean.
You May Also Enjoy…
Thank You for Sharing!