These Vermicelli Noodle Bowls are veggie-packed, popping with color, and come together in under 30 mins. The perfect light, yet filling lunch or dinner for those warm-weather days. Vegan & Gluten-Free.
These Vermicelli Noodle Bowls have everything – fresh and colorful veggies, crispy tofu, springy noodles, crunchy toppings, and a sweet & tangy dressing!
This recipe is inspired by Vietnamese Bún Chay, which directly translates to “Vegetarian Rice Noodles”. Typically, this recipe combines thin vermicelli rice noodles with lettuce, a variety of crunchy veggies, a protein source, and lots of fresh herbs! Personally, I think it’s worth the trip to your local Asian market to get the traditional herbs, like Thai basil and Vietnamese Perilla – they have such a unique flavor and really help to make the dish.
INGREDIENTS FOR VERMICELLI NOODLE BOWLS
- Sweet Chili Tofu: I chose to top these bowls with my saucy, crispy Sweet Chili Tofu, which is more Thai-inspired, making this a fusion dish.
- Vermicelli Noodles: These very thin rice noodles are springy and perfectly light, yet filling. They make the perfect base for our noodle bowl.
- Crunchy Veggies: leafy green lettuce, carrots, cucumber, red bell pepper, and bean sprouts bring a rainbow of colors and add lots of crispy, crunchy textures.
- Fresh Herbs: cilantro, mint, Thai basil, and/or Vietnamese perilla (tía tô) would all make delicious additions to this recipe, bringing a pop of bright colors and fresh flavor.
- Dry Roasted Peanuts: bring a distinctive rich flavor and delicious crunch. They’re the perfect finishing touch on this dish, adding some healthy fats and plant-based protein.
Noodles and fresh veggies taste great on their own, but we’ll be taking this dish to the next level by making an easy dressing to help tie everything together too! Rice vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and garlic combine to make a tangy, salty, and slightly sweet marinade that brings this dish to life.
HOW TO MAKE VERMICELLI NOODLE BOWLS
You’ll need less than 30 minutes to bring this recipe together. Just follow these simple steps:
- To prepare the dressing, add the vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and garlic to a mason jar and shake to combine.
- Soak the noodles in hot water until tender.
- Place the noodles and lettuce at the bottom of each serving bowl and top with all of the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle each bowl with dressing and enjoy!
This Vermicelli Noodle Bowl has been my go-to lately for these warm-weather months. It makes the perfect lunch or dinner for those days when you want something filling, but don’t want to put a lot of time in the kitchen (who could disagree with that?).
These are best served fresh, but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. The veggies can be prepped ahead of time, but I’d recommend making the noodles just prior to serving; they tend to break down and stick together in the fridge.
If you’re looking for more delicious noodle bowls, you’ll also love these Spicy Sesame Noodles (Ma Jiang Mian), this Cooked Ramen Noodle Salad with Kimchi, and this Easy Vegan Pad Thai!
Finally, if you make this recipe and decide to share it on Facebook or Instagram, don’t forget to tag me @FromMyBowl + #FromMyBowl! I love seeing your delicious recreations 🙂