- Fan of Panera green smoothie?
- Trending now
- These kind of beverages are very popular because:
- Are green smoothies really good for you?
- How to build the best tasting green smoothie?
- What greens to put in a smoothie?
- Ingredients needed
- Here’s how to make it
- Tips to make the best Spinach smoothie recipes
- Some more best tasting smoothies for you
Need something to wake you up? Try my Mango Spinach Yogurt Green Glow Smoothie recipe for breakfast today! It’s fresh, healthy, a great green smoothie for beginners!
Also, this green glow smoothie is great for beginners and is made using mango, spinach, and yogurt.
Reading: veggie smoothies with yogurt
So if you are looking for spinach smoothie recipes or low sugar green smoothies, then look no further.
Fan of Panera green smoothie?
Smoothies seem to be everywhere these days. All restaurants especially breakfast joints or places like Panera are serving a whole variety of smoothies including the green smoothie and fruit juices on their menu.
Even Grocery chains are selling packaged smoothies and food bloggers are creating new smoothie recipes for you to try. There is clearly a reason for that.
These kind of beverages are very popular because:
- It’s a quick and easy green smoothie for beginners.
- No cooking required.
- Great way to sneak in fruits and veggies.
- Can use frozen fruits and vegetables.
- Easy to prep for the week.
- Easy to transport, making them the perfect on-the-go snack.
- It is packed with nutrients.
- Great for weight loss and detox.
- Has the texture of a milkshake and the nutrients of a salad.
- Plus, they’re delicious to taste.
Are green smoothies really good for you?
I enjoy making green glow smoothies! They are a great way to get my daily recommended serving of fruits and veggies.
Plus, Green smoothies are high in vitamins especially E and C, as well as rich in fiber and antioxidants.
Regularly drinking a green breakfast smoothie not only helps in maintaining a healthy lifestyle but also helps in getting a better complexion and improved clearer skin.
That is why smoothies like these are also called a Green Glow Smoothie.
How to build the best tasting green smoothie?
Did you know that there is science behind the order of adding the ingredients while building a smoothie? This is a handy reference for beginners!
- The liquids go in first. No matter what type of liquid you’re using — dairy or non-dairy milk, juice, or coconut water — it has to be the very first ingredient you add to the blender.
- That is followed by any kind of powders like protein powder, maca or cacao powder, and a sweetener like agave, honey, or maple syrup.
- Protein powder makes smoothies thick and creamy. But when added to the blender last, they might not get completely dissolved, leaving an unpleasant powdery or chalky texture.
- Then comes the greens. Adding greens like spinach or kale at the bottom of the pitcher is a smart way to make sure they get blended well.
- Before adding the next round of ingredients, give the smoothie a quick pre-blend after adding any greens to help it break down.
- Now comes the soft ingredients like yogurt, nut butter, or tofu.
- That is followed by fresh fruits and/or veggies, nuts, and seeds.
- To help fruits and vegetables blend better, consider cutting them into chunks.
- You can also add soaked nuts instead of adding them dry.
- Lastly, add frozen fruits and vegetables and/or ice. The weight of these heavier items will help push the other ingredients down towards the base.
Here is how to make your green smoothie for beginners in the best way possible:
- We need to balance the nutrients and flavors. It should contain a balance of carbs, protein, and beneficial fats from whole-food sources.
- Try to mix up fruits and vegetables to create a balance of flavors and to notch up the health quotient.
- Green Vegetables do have some carbs, but they are low. Plus they are a delicious and smart way to take advantage of all the fresh seasonal fruit in the summer or frozen fruits in the dark days of winter.
- Greens can be earthy to taste and many may not like the flavor of only a vegetable smoothie. Suggest adding fruit to balance out the taste and naturally sweeten it.
What greens to put in a smoothie?
Some green veggies I like using to make a good detoxifying smoothie are spinach, kale, celery, parsley, arugula, broccoli, and Swiss chard.
Having said that, yes it is always better to consume fruits and veggies in their raw form. Since I hate consuming fruits raw, smoothies work great for me.
Also, surviving only on a juice cleanse is not advisable. You need to mix it up with solid foods as well.
Today’s power smoothie has many nutritious ingredients.
- Mangoes being the tropical fruit are not just juicy and flavorful but are high in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Although many years ago they were seasonal, now they are available all year through. If you can’t find fresh mango, then you’ll find them in the frozen section.
- The other power ingredient used in this smoothie is Spinach. Adding spinach to drinks is a healthy way to incorporate this nutrient-dense, iron-rich leafy vegetable into your diet, especially if you’re on-the-go. Some people I know don’t like to taste the spinach in a smoothie – but my suggestion is to not have any reservations about adding spinach to your smoothie. It doesn’t alter the taste of the drink in any manner. In fact, your smoothie gets a rich green color and plenty of nutrients.
- Next is Greek yogurt. We always pick up the ones which have the least amount of added sugars in them. Always read the label, friends. You need to be sure of what you are consuming. Greek yogurt is a great source of protein, especially if you need to avoid meat or are a vegan.
- Oranges, as we all know, are a good source of vitamin C that helps build a healthy immune system. Much needed now!
- Add chia seeds to your smoothie for that extra protein and fiber boost. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and besides fiber, they also provide iron and calcium.
Here’s how to make it
I like to call it the ultimate green smoothie for beginners! Trust me, you will not miss the banana in this smoothie! To make a green glow smoothie, all you need is a good blender.
- First, add water to the blender.
- Next, add chia seeds.
- Then add baby spinach followed by low-fat Greek yogurt.
- Then add in the orange slices and mango cubes
- Blend until smooth. You’re looking for a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pour the Super Healthy Mango Spinach Yogurt Power Smoothie into drinking glasses and serve immediately.
This Spinach Greek Yogurt Smoothie is refreshing plus it keeps you energetic and full for a long time. I would say this is a great green smoothie for beginners.
Pro Tip – This is one of those spinach smoothie recipes that can also be served as a non-alcoholic drink at your house party, especially on St.Patricks’ Day!
Tips to make the best Spinach smoothie recipes
I had some leftover raspberry which I crushed and used as a garnish. It gave a nice contrast to the green smoothie. You can skip that if you don’t have raspberries handy.
Read more: How long to steep english breakfast tea
Since it’s a low sugar green glow smoothie, there is no need to add any additional sugar or honey to the drink. You don’t really miss the sugar as the smoothie is naturally sweet due to the ingredients used.
Add a dash of almond or cashew milk. The creamy smooth texture of these milk can mask some of the grassy taste caused by raw spinach and kale, making super greens taste less “green”.
You can add frozen or fresh orange, mango, and spinach in here. You can also add some fresh or frozen bananas to give the smoothie some texture and volume.
You can either add chia seeds without soaking and blend it along with the other ingredients or soak them and mix them in your green glow smoothie before serving.
Feel free to add protein powder of your choice along with chia seeds. Add crushed ice while blending if you like your smoothie super chilled.
You need not strain this drink and can consume it as is. I do not like to strain my mango spinach smoothie. To make it vegan, use any non-dairy yogurt instead of Greek yogurt.
Some more best tasting smoothies for you
If you like spinach smoothie recipes, then don’t forget to check out some other interesting smoothie flavors.
- Healthy Peach & Raspberry Smoothie
- Dairy-Free & Protein-Packed Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- Kiwi Detox Smoothie
- The Ultimate Immune Boosting Sunshine Smoothie
- Dairy-Free Mango Figs & Apricot Power Smoothie
If you do try this Mango Spinach Yogurt Green Smoothie or any other recipe from the blog, please let me know. I welcome your comments, star ratings, tweaks, and suggestions.
Stay connected on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious recipes and what I’m up to.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.
Read more: How long to leave tea bags on eyes
Read more: How long to leave tea bags on eyes