Here are all the most popular Kahlua drinks to use for this coffee liqueur! Try classic Kahlua cocktails from the White Russian to the Mudslide.
Got a bottle of Kahlua? You’re one step away from some of the tastiest sweet cocktails around. This coffee flavored liqueur was invented in Mexico in 1936, and spawned some of the most classic cocktails of the 1950’s, 60’s and 70’s. The White Russian? The Mudslide? All classic cocktails brought to you with the magic of Kahlua.
Reading: what drinks to make with kahlua
Here are all the top most popular Kahlua drinks to make with this tasty liqueur! There’s everything from a classic Black Russian to a frosty boozy milkshake and a sophisticated coffee martini. Where there is Kahlua, there is fun! Let’s get to the drinks.
And now…the most popular Kahlua drinks to try!
More about Kahlua
This special liquor has spawned loads of classic Kahlua drinks. But what actually is it? Here’s what to know about this coffee liqueur:
- Kahlua is a coffee liqueur that’s made in Mexico. It’s made with rum, sugar, vanilla bean, and coffee. Contrary to what you might think, there’s no dairy! However per the official website, Kahlua is not vegan: one of the company’s suppliers uses a sugar refining process that is not vegan friendly.
- Does Kahlua have caffeine? It does have some caffeine, but only about 25% as much as the same volume of coffee.
- Fun facts: It takes seven years to make a bottle of Kahlua, because of the length of time it takes to grow the coffee beans in the shade (six years).
- Does Kahlua go bad: The recommended shelf life of Kahlua is 4 years.
- How much does Kahlua cost? It costs about $20 per 750 ml bottle.
- What to use instead of Kahlua? Try other types of coffee liqueur for these Kahlua cocktails, like Tia Maria or Sheridan’s.
More cocktail recipes
Read more: How to make heavy cream for coffee
There are so many more to try! Here are 200+ cocktail recipes for every occasion:
- Classics: Try Classic Cocktails or Great Cocktail Recipes.
- Easy: These 10 Easy Mixed Drinks and Cheap Drinks have just 2 to 3 ingredients.
- 2 Ingredient: Try 2 Ingredient Tequila Drinks or 2 Ingredient Vodka Drinks.
- Fancy: Opt for the best in Craft Cocktails.
- The Big 5: Try all our cocktails with Gin, Vodka, Whiskey, Tequila or Rum.
See Also: our master list of Types of Alcohol and Liquor Names!
Read more: Smoothie Essentials